Toyota North America Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Toyota logistics group. Recruiter didn't tell me who I'd be interviewing with, I had to go back and ask twice. Interview was supposed to be with one manager, ended up having 4 people on the call (didn't know who the others were until they joined the call). Lots of awkward silence between questions while they were recording my answers. I'm a local Texan, I felt like they thought they were better than me since they came from California. They had an attitude. They were not at all friendly. These people aren't a great addition to our great State of Texas.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was drawn out, there was numerous rounds of interview with little to no follow-up between the interviews. It is extremely frustrating that a company has potential employees go through 4+ rounds of interviews on different days then vanishes and cannot have the common courtesy to update an employee. This is quite distasteful and is a significant turnoff to a potential employee. Toyota should be ashamed of this process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submit a resume and answer some basic questions. Manager will set up interviews with top candidates. Hiring manager will set up follow up interviews with management team. The manager will make the offer if chosen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Erlanger, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through Toyota's online application system (Taleo) in March. The interview was not scheduled until a month later. The interview was in a panel with representatives within the division and without for added perspective. The interview used STAR format. It took two weeks after the interview for a decision to be communicated.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you had competing priorities? How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Erlanger, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview. There were very structured questions regarding behavioral items, as well as results and accomplishments. Reflection is an important point, so be prepared to give your personal reflection on what went well or went poorly. Both American and Japanese panel members joined, so language was a barrier with one participant. One HR facilitator was in the room. I was given a chance to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions always start with " Give an example of ..."   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by interview where I was told a follow up for the next step will come soon. No news, two emails and a phone call to the hiring manager, no reply. I wanted to know where I standed in the process and if they would continue with my file, but they never had the decency to reply.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in December 2009.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager and HR, followed by the senior executives in charge of the role

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role   1 Answer