Toyota North America Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Bristol, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview is long.Go to the office and Fill out an application to Toyota and make sure to check back with them often or they will forget about you. Interview was fun and great managers. Once hired you fill out paper work and must submit to a drug test also a background check! And then obtain a sales license. They will do everything for you with the license and send it to the DMV. Do not apply if you have a bad driving record or don't have a license they won't hire you. Your training is 2-5 weeks depending on if you know the business. Then you are on your way to becoming a car salesman! Good Luck

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Lancaster, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

They are looking for very pushy sales people. This was in Lancaster, PA. The interviewer stated he needs very thick skinned people, and he curses his sales people out. In addition to this guy told me after he curses you out he doesn't hold grudges and he moves on. He was very polite with me, but was also very direct and honest.

Interview Questions

• Why do we want to hire you? You have five minutes to answer this question.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Sales Managers and existing Sales Associates

Interview Questions

• Other than Toyota/Lexus, what is the brand you would most likely recommend   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Greensburg, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

You sat down with the interviewer and they asked you questions about your past experiences in the workforce and what you were expecting to receive from this position. Very relaxed and comfortable interviewing process. After the first interview then you had to meet with the General Manager. Everyone there was very easy to talk with no pressure. Kind of like having lunch with a new friend.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the car industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Hartford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Came in for an initial interview just with basic questions. Than had two more interviews where I met with the manager of sales. After that I had met with the District Manager. The first interview was over the phone and just basic questions to get my background and get the job explained to.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Relatively simple. Interview Questions. Personality assessment. Job Offer

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have accomplished in the last four years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate they offered, I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Toyota North America (Lexington, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

It's easy. If you're dumb enough to sell yourself to these people they will hire you. Show up to work. Work hard. And get in front of as many people as you can everyday and you can do well.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Savannah, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was standard, mostly a test of personality as oppose to experience. As the hiring manager said "I hire personality, I train skill". That was pretty much the bottom line. He was very friendly and professional, unfortunately he was not the manager I would be dealing with, all three of which turned out to be the opposite of him.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, again it was mostly a test of weather or not I could sell myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation transpired, I would advise future applicants to ask serious questions about the commission polliciys

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in May 2010.

Interview

I applied in person and after some observation and talking with employees I got the impression it was very disorganized. There was one interview and it was informal. I spoke with three different managers (they have too many managers as it is) and although I lacked experience they were willing to hire and train me. I found out after they called me a few days later. I ended up deciding not to take the job because of the disorganization. I figured I could find a better opportunity elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an angered customer who insults you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2009.

Interview

Called by recruiter for phone interview. One on one with hiring manager and the group interview.