Toys "R" Us Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in May 2016.

Interview

Overall the process was very similar to other telephone interviews in the past. There are basic behavioral questions to determine your management style, personality, and ability to think on the go.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how in your previous positions you have taken a subordinate and developed them into a top performer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR, Face 2 Face w/DM, few day turnaround with phone call with offer.

Overall a great process. HR really dug in and got to know me and what I stand for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked what my salary range was. Surpassed my number.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Two managers asking questions. They took turns asking behavioral questions and basically wanted to get to know you as a person. They were incredibly friendly during the interview process and never really gave a hard time. They were more interested in knowing you as a person and see how you handled the interview in the first place.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

There was a round-table interview process with several other Department Supervisors from the district. There were store managers, the DM, and the HRDM sitting in the room taking notes and observing our behavior. They asked us questions and generally gave feedback on the spot. Afterwards we each had two individual interviews. I interviewed with two store managers for the first interview. My second individual interview was with the DM and another store manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what the company values were and where I thought I fell on that spectrum. Why did I feel that I met that particular company value.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Langhorne, PA).

Interview

Met with DM in Montgomery Store. The interview lasted 1 hour 45 min.
    We talked about all my prior experience and he was very impressed with me owning my
    own successful business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

48,000, have a number in mind that you will not go below.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I got in touch with the Toys team through my school. The staff members were really nice and the interviews are straight forward, with some difficult questions. They got back to me 2-3 weeks later. The team that I worked with though was very unorganized. I felt like no one really knew what was going on with when they would get back to me; they even lost my application and I had to apply again. I really wanted to work for the company and after 3 interviews I got a misleading call that I was the perfect fit for the position in their headquarters (in NJ). But that statement apparently didn't mean that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a very lazy employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Easton, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process started with filling out the job application. It was obtained online. I was referred to the company by one of it's employees. After submitting the application I received a phone call (interview) a couple of days later. Once passing the phone interview I was asked to meet face to face. A couple of days later I was interviewed by the store manager and then interviewed by the district manager. The process was not out of the norm for this position. Once I went through all of the interviewing process I was offered the position about 2 days later. The overall experience for this interview was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown Heights, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Yorktown Heights, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

General, unimaginative phone interview. What's your strengths, weakness? Why Toys R Us? Blah, blah, blah. The interview actually went very well, but I wasn't given an offer b/c of my bad credit.

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Montebello, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Groups interview/ observation in three phases;

part 1) They gave us a piece of paper to fold and asked us to write or draw three things; 1) favorite song and why 2) your first job, 3) your hobbies. Obviously they want to see your creative side and the kid inside. so don't feel to get creative..

Part2) the managers pared us up with partners and assigned us a bucket of building blocks. We were suppose to build a product and think off all the features and prices, seasons, etc... pretty much sell the product to them(once again don't be afraid to get Creative)

Part 3) individual interview consisted of two very simple questions, 1) why do you want to work for Toys R Us 2) what are your strengths and opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depends on experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Gainesville, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Was told in the interview that I would receive a second interview, but received an email a few weeks later saying that i was rejected.