Toys "R" Us Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.0

Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Came in for a group "interview". Read list of expectations, told how long the seasonal hire would last, watched a video explaining things like you were a child. Then called in 1 by 1 for the actual "interview". Basically told you if your background check was clean, you would be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Duluth, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online randomly and got a call back two weeks later. During the call back they tell you how much you'll be making and they ask about your availability. If you're okay with how much they offer you and you have the availability they're looking for they'll ask you in for a group interview. When I got there they had candy and magazines out for me while I waited for everyone else to show up. Only four of us showed up out of six or seven. We began the interview by getting into groups of two and together building a toy from Legos. Each person gets one question during this exercise. Be sure to ask for the instruction manual to the toy as your one question. After building the toy they had us walk the store. We were able to pick a toy and we had to pitch the toy to the rest of the group. Then one on one interviews begin. After a small handful of questions I was told I got the job. I was told it would be official after a background check was completed.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very Quick and easy the assistant manager lead me into the break room where the manager sat and they interviewed me. They were all very nice and smiled which made me very comfortable. I was asked one question and the asked for my social security number and told I would get a background check and today I got the job. I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your work experiences?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

they asked about 5 or 6 questions ....
    Have you ever worked retail ?
    Have you ever been a cashier ?
    Sell me a toy !?
    Will you pass a background check ?
    Why Toys R Us ?
    What was your favorite toy as a child ?

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (McDonough, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for my interview and was directed to the maternity section of the store to sit down and wait. A couple more people came in and then we were all escorted to the back where the interview was held. It was a group interview and s started off with some basic ice breakers and telling each other about ourselves.We had to talk to the person sitting next to us for a short time and then tell the other people in the room along with the manager why that person should be hired. And then we had to sell a product to the manager. Remember what the price is! And if you can you should up sell because the will give you a scenario that is related to selling to a parent. So if you get a skate board try to grab some safety gear.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your availability?
      What is our company mantra?
      Why would you be a good fit for us?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Smyrna, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Arrived 15 min. early and was told the HR rep would be out to get all of us and take us back to the employee lounge to start the process. There were 15 scheduled but only 4 showed up. We were going to play the build a Lego game but the rep bypassed this step since it was just the 4 of us. Rep asked us to go out to the floor and choose a toy to sale to her. When selling include all the major details on the toy box like age group, toy features, if batteries are needed and smile, smile, smile. Be excited about the toy as if it was the one you always wanted. Also, try to add in info about the lay away plan or credit card or protection plan. Cross-selling other products is a major benefit. One more thing, start talking to the other candidates as soon as you arrive. The store manager and two supervisors where close to where we gathered before the interview process and they were watching us. This outgoing personality helps as you don't know which one of them will be present in the interview process. Just relax and let the kid inside come out. BUT, keep it professional.

Interview Questions

• In what order would you handle a situation where you are helping a customer and you see a spill and then you are paged on the walkie talkie to come help out on the register?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. The salary was advised when the interview was set up.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (McDonough, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was very thorough and engaging for a group interview. Everyone had to demonstrate how they would sale a particular item without being given any instructions or information about the item before hand. It was a good way to test how well people improvise and use common sense to help customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Toys "R" Us?   1 Answer

Over Night Stock Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fayetteville, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process took about one week an employee from the store called and asked if I could come in the next day for a night interview I showed up to find out it was a group interview we all got a name tag and introduced our self then we had to go in the store for like 5 min and pick a toy and go back and sell it to the HR Managers as if they were the customers then after that we broke up into groups to build amusement parks out of legos after that we were called in for 1:1 interviews and was told they will call us back when background check came back and that took like 3 days to hear from them

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

When I interviewed (in 2012), we were asked to pick out a toy from within the store and act like we were selling it to the other members of the group interview. Even if you don't know much about the toy, they want to see your enthusiasm and charm. Because after all, it is a children's store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had in a previous job and how you resolved it? (I couldn't really think of one right away so I made one up, it was better that way)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR representative told me what my salary was going to be and he asked me if I was ok with that. I didn't ask him for a larger salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for job via the internet. Was a simple application process. The interviewers were relaxed and kind. They were obviously passionate about working there. First, all the job applicants did a "group" project where we had to work together to design a toy for children. Then, we did "individual" project in front of the other job applicants where we had to choose a toy and pretend like we were selling it to a customer. Finally, we each did a "private" interview with the interviewers. It was a short and surprisingly non-stressful interview process.

Interview Questions

• "Choose a toy and 'sell' it to a customer."   1 Answer