Toys "R" Us Back of the House Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Nashua, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was simple and easy going. It was a stress free process that went very fast. This was during the holiday season so that may have contributed to the simple nature of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Henderson, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

It starts out as a group interview. They tell you to sell an item, and then they tell you to build something with LEGO's. After that is done, the HR privately interviews you.

Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Buckhead, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. It was the standard retail application process, with the multiple choice aptitude test at the end of the application. Got a call to interview in-store about 2 days later. The interview process was unorthodox: Which could be expected from a giant toy store. It was a group interview, and the first thing we had to do was grab a toy that we thought best described our personality. Second, we had to create a commercial for that toy, and act it out. 3rd, we had to partner with someone and make a commercial based on our two toys. Was told I got the job after the interview process was over.

Interview Questions

• Combining my toy with someone elses was pretty challenging, in that you had to try to sell items together that were completely unrelated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Previously, I read about Toys R Us interviews on Glassdoor, and yes it was a group interview. There were 5 interviewees and we had to start by introducing ourselves by giving work background, skill set, etc. Then, we had to do a team building project of building legos. Each group member gave some details about the toy that was made. Next, they wanted us to select a toy from an area and sell it to the group. Be careful to listen to the HR manager or store manager as they will provide some hints you should use in your presentation such as batteries and their rewards program. Finally, they made their selection who they wanted to keep for the one on one interview. They asked me a couple of questions during the one on one and offered me the job on site.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a project where you had to work on a team to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you know the hiring rate upfront.

Back of the House Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in October 2014.

Interview

HR Rep asked to pick a toy, then we had to make a one to two minute commerce as well as a word play game with your name. Basically all about metrics witch the store thrives on,overall was process

Interview Questions

• Group interview we did activities ,commercials ,word play games   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a single group interview that took place, We were all asked to introduce ourselves and were asked questions that each of us answered in turn. We then proceeded to pick merchandise from the sales floor and were told to sell it to the others in the room. The interview was concluded shortly after this point with myself being told I had the job if I wanted directly afterward.

Interview Questions

• To show them how we would sell merchandise from the sales floor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2013.

Interview

Very Quick And Thorough. You Get Together With Other Candidates And Make A Object Out Of Lego's. Than You Do Your Own One Minute Commercial As A Sales Pitch. After That They Take You Into A Private Room And Ask You Why You Would Like Working For Them.

Interview Questions

• Getting In Front Of Other Strangers And Doing A Commercial.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bossier City, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview and you had to sell management a product. it could be any product in the store. Then you would leave the group and go to an one on one interview with just the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Toys R Us?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You will have a chance to negotiate your pay.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Group interview, they also took us for a small interview on a 1 on 1, they asked us questions like what is your favorite toy and had you sell it in front of your interviewing group. Not too hard at all and they didn't make you feel uncomfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wichita Falls, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview, it went smoothly and all of the hiring team was pretty nice. Felt very welcome and like they wanted you to succeed to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked your name then to spell your name and give a word that describes you for each letter .   Answer Question