Toys "R" Us Bike Assembler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Bike Assembler Interview Questions

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Mission Viejo, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 5 candidates. We each got a chance to share about ourselves and answer some questions that the manager/interviewer threw our way. And they were actually challenging questions. It was an enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

• Say a guest is upset because they were overcharged on their order. How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was actually offered a better position than the one I applied for. There is no negotiating wages with TRU when you're first hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a quick interview process. They ask one question that was about it , and never got to finish answering my question because the Manager have to help out on the floor, so they told me to come back tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Ontario, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Fun group interview. Really fun work environment. Reallly young employees. More personality questions first. Next, one on one interview with different employees. Typical interview questions but in a relaxed setting. Just smile and be enthusiastic and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Aurora, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

HR and department supervisor conducted the interview. Great questions about employment background and future employment with company. Was excited to work there but in the last few years things changed. They were very straight forward with what they needed and what was expected. They made the process very enjoyable and entertaining. Opportunities were laid out and advancement was there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon about 2:30 from a supervisor asking me if i can make a interview at 4:00 i was told to dress casual.I arrived at the store to be tested on my bike building skill after about 20 min being left alone the assistant manager returned and approved of the end result and hired me on the spot i"m waiting on the background check to clear so i can go and finalize the paperwork

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Mentor, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, later at night, via an online job website that directed me to the Toys R Us website. The following evening, not even twenty four hours later, I got a call to come in the next day for a group interview.

Group interview: Arrived early, was sent to what I believe is the employee break room to wait for the HR person to come in. She introduced herself, told us a little bit about herself and what we would be doing for the interview process and gave us pamphlets on the various services of the company. We broke in to small groups, one group of two and a group of three, and proceeded to interview each other. After that was done, we then "sold" each other to the HR using the information we got during the activity. HR then went out and got items from the store that we got to play with for a bit before we then "sold" the items to either the store manager or HR or to sell it like we were in a commercial. The next activity was accepting the "Georffry award for whatever we felt we would get awarded for.

1:1 Interview: After the group portion we went to a different room for one on one interviews with the store manager and the HR. They asked about availability, what I thought my references would have to say about us. I was asked a few questions about any experience I had, signed a consent paper for a background. They said they'd call to let me know if they were going to do the background check so that I could be sure to get the uniform clothes for orientation.

Getting hired: The day after the interview I received the call. I was told that I was being offered a position as Sales Associate rather than Assembler which was one of the positions I also said I'd be willing to work. The HR informed me that they were going to do the background check and to get my clothes ready for the orientation, for which she will be calling me.

Interview Questions

• Reason for accepting the Geoffry award.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Altoona, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call about a week or two after applying online for the position of Bike Assembler and was told that they weren't hiring for that position but were for Sales Associates and Stocking. I arrived about 5 minutes early and was told to pick any toy from the store and then go to the employee lounge. I walked in on time but everyone was already there sitting. Its best to arrive 10-15 minutes early because of picking a toy. We then interviewed the person sitting near us and wrote information on a piece of paper. Everyone then took turns presenting the person you interviewed to the managers. After that we took about 5 minutes to think of what they called a commercial for the toy we picked. Most people just described there toy. And then we told the managers why we picked that toy and what our all time favorite toy was. The managers said we were going to build something out of legos but decided not to because it would take a lot of time so we went on to 1 on 1 interviews. First people to arrive were first to get an interview. The interview was short and questions were simple: Why Toys R Us?, What's your biggest weakness?, What would your previous employers say you biggest strength is? and some questions about the positions your willing to work and if your good with electronics. It was so much easier and less embarrassing then I though it would after reading some of the other reviews. Just don't show up 15 minutes late wearing a t-shirt, jean skirt, and flip-flops. Someone actually did that at my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

i was recently given a interview for bike assembler and it was pretty easy, i was given a 1 on 1 interview and a skills test

Bike Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in November 2009.

Interview

There was a group interview. We were given a chance to go out onto the sales floor, pick a toy, and come back into the group interview, where all applicants had to try to sell the HR supervisor the product they had selected. If they do well, they get the position.