Toys "R" Us Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wesley Chapel, FL).

Interview

I was called on the phone and asked to come in for an interview at the store. we had a group interview with about 5 people in the group total

Interview Questions

• we were asked to t'ell some things about ourselves< and pick from a group of toys on the table and "sell it to the group   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, it was 6 of us included myself. The HR asked us to present ourselves, after they gave each of us a you and told us to try to sell it to them. After, they called each of us for an one by one interview. The HR asked some basics questions, and then said they have an other group interview later and they are going to call or email me the same say day either i have the job or not, but I've never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What was my duties at my last job? What is my availability? If I have any tattoo? How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a groupd interview that was supposed to have 10 people in it but only 3 showed up. was asked how I would help a customer buying for a birthday party, was asked to pick an item from the store and sell it, was asked to make something out of a bunch of legos and convince the manager it should be sold in stores.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer buying for a birthday party?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

I applied online early May. The process took a kind of a long time; including a four page survey type thing, a short test, and basic application questions. A manager called me about a month later and asked me to come in for an interview.

The interview was a group interview with two managers. They had us pick a toy and pretend to sell it to them. They asked us pretty simple questions and the managers really just talked a lot about what the job and atmosphere of the store is like.

After we finished the group interview they did individual interviews. I went first. The only question they really asked me individually was about my availability. After I told them when I was available they thanked me for coming in and that was it. They told me they would call me that day or the day after. It's been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything. I believe they weren't pleased with my availability because I'm very busy with school.

Overall the process was very simple and the people were very kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there and what my favorite toy was as a child. They also had the other interviewees and I to try and sell them a toy we picked from the store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

starts out with a group then one on one make sure to stand out in a positive way of course. group is to see if you work well with others and 1:1 is about you. easy and you get to play with toys!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer or person and take control of the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Paramus, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, it was for a holiday position.
    They told me I was hired, but then said they were unable to hire me because their background checking system wasn't working. The holidays are over, now, and I've found a job elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

they asked about 5 or 6 questions ....
    Have you ever worked retail ?
    Have you ever been a cashier ?
    Sell me a toy !?
    Will you pass a background check ?
    Why Toys R Us ?
    What was your favorite toy as a child ?

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Spartanburg, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was very easy due to past experience from working there. They called within a couple of days from apply to the job. It was first a group interview then after discussing and reviewing opening jobs we had a one on one interview was easy and simple. I got hired on right away.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Overall, it was a very simple and uncomplicated process. I applied through one of the online job board sites and within a few days I received a phone call to set up a day and time for an interview. The interview itself was fairly quick and painless. It was a pretty basic series of questions for the most part; going over your application and availability, etc., with a few filler questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to working overnights during seasonal peak?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Concord, NC).

Interview

I interviewed along with other applicants. After the group interview we were then taken to another room for a one on one interview. Do to the holidays I think they would have hired just about anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate