Toys "R" Us Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Department Supervisor Interview Questions

2.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Moline, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and district manager, they asked me questions about previous management and sales experience. I asked them about the viability of the business and if its profitable. Basically, all the questions were situational based, tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

• How have you previously lead a team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rockaway, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Had one face to face interview with the store manager. Very formal. Questions were read straight from a packet with little room for conversation. I liked the method because it gave me a chance to clearly list my skills and capabilities. I received an offer for the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenging situation you had with a guest and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Requested what I felt was fair and received it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruited by Regional leadership and then made an account with RUS corporate along with applying online so they could get it officially in the system. Then called in to speak with DM and after a work got a call that I got the job. Started during holiday season.

Negotiation

Brief

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Make sure you are outgoing and have all your questions and answers figured out ahead of time. Have examples of past experiences with customers at any previous jobs and most of all have fun!

Interview Questions

• If you had an under-performing team member, how would you assess the situation?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in October 2012.

Interview

One group interview. We grabbed a toy and had to sell that toy to the three managers in the room. We got to know each other and one by one we got up to represent our toy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said this is what your going to make and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Mostly want to see if you have outgoing qualities, will give 100%, deal with customers properly, know the store to be able to help in all depts. You have to keep a friendly face and let them know you will work hard to get things done. Social skills are required and learning on your own is manditory.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't know the answer to a customers questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Greenville, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called by an assistant manager to set up an interview with the store manager. I found that the interview itself was pretty simple. I didn't have any extra tests or role play exercises, he just asked me about my previous experiences and what the job would entail. He told me that he is only the temporary store manager because the actual store manager and assistant manager are on disciplinary leave.
    The second interview was with both the store manager and district manager. I had to wait 15 minutes for one of them to come out to greet me and begin the interview. Otherwise, the interview was still pretty easy, just some basic questions about why I think I would be the best for the job and what about my experience qualifies me.

Interview Questions

• What are some training methods you implemented on your team?   Answer Question

I declined because the store management team seemed very fractured and unstable. I also declined the offer because it was extremely low. They knew what I expected and offered $3.00 an hour less than I'm currently making. Considering the state of the store and the amount of changes I would need to make to my department to bring it back up to standards, the offer was exceptionally low.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lake Grove, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week or so, I was called by the human resources woman and was told when to come in for a group interview. I arrived for the interview and was in a group of 6 people being interviewed that day. Conducting the interview was the human resources woman, one of the store managers, and a department supervisor. The interview was very general, asking us why we wanted to work there, what would be the best quality that we could bring to the store. We were also asked to pick a random item that we had brought with us, keys, wallet, etc., and sell it to them. After they had asked their questions, they went into the other room and called each of us out one by one, until there were two of us left sitting there. They then came back into the room and told us that we were the two that they wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really difficult questions or even unexpected ones. It was a pretty generic, basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Similar story to previous posts: Phone call to set up interview, "interview" consisted of 8 people doing a practice sales pitch, a teamwork exercise, and a panel 1 on 1 (or 3 on 1) interview. The mangers interviewing were very nice & polite; the atmosphere was very casual. Ended on a good note. Follow up interview two days later with district manager, also very friendly & casual interview. Should hear something by Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were commended on "a job well done"   Answer Question
    • What is the most stressful thing about a new position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Columbia, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called within the week. There was a group interview, with 6 other candidates. We had to turn to the person next to us and "interview" them. After about ten minutes we had to say why we would or would not hire the stranger sitting next to us. We were also given a box of legos to build the "next big" toy of the holiday season, and explain what it was and why it would be so awesome. Then we had to go out into the store and pick a toy off the shelves and come back with it and do a commercial for it.

Interview Questions

• After the experience of the awkward group interviews, the one one one interview was pretty routine questions.   Answer Question