Toys "R" Us Guest Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toys "R" Us

2.0

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Large Group interview. Played "games" to get to know your sales and team work, followed by interviewing each other and presenting each other. Followed by a small break while they discuss us in the next room. They than came out and dismissed several people, and than did "one on one" interviews with those of us left. Had a friend interviewed at the same time. They offered me a position on the spot, and my friend got told she would be contacted with more information. She got a form rejection letter the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay or anything, just asked for a sheet with a more detailed availablity

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

All interviews are going to be a group interview. They will take you all in the break room and start out with an ice breaker, for my interview we had to state our age, what we were doing currently, our long term goals, and our favorite football team. After the Ice Breaker they will go on to tell you about the company and how they work (at my location we usually only hire people around season, so they warn you of how busy we will be). Then you will do some sort of group activity. At my interview they had us build something out of legos and pitch it to the people holding the interview but I have witnessed a few where they have the interviewers go and grab a toy off the shelf and pass the item to the person sitting to their right and have to pitch that toy (of course you don't know you have to pass it until you get back in the room). Basically all they're looking for is for you to be confident, it doesn't have to be a great pitch! After the pitch they will take each of you separately and tell you how you did and tell you if you got the job or not! That's basically it!

Interview Questions

• The classic, "Why do you want to work for us?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for me, they basically told me I got the job, this is what they start everyone out at and I needed to be here by this time on this day.