Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

221 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lewisville, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in on June 13 it was a one-on-one interview. I applied for a temporary job there since school will be starting up in August. I talked to the person in charge of the front end Cashier. She took me in the back room and asked me some basic questions about what i can bring to the job and how i can improve it if i was to work there. I was told that i would most likely be hired, but i am only 15. So i have to wait 2 weeks to hear back i guess.

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who needed help getting something off the selves, they need a extra hand at the cashier, a hazardous spill is on the floor, or your lunch break. I had to place them in order from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, the store manager that was supposed to be interviewing us was not even there so another person had to interview us. She made us all stand up one by one and say our name and our favorite superhero and why. Then she made us do an availability sheet and name tent. She made it very clear that this was a part-time position. Then she made us pair off and interview that partner and then stand up and explain why your partner should be hired. We were then told to go find a toy on the sales floor and come back to the breakroom and explain why we picked it. After that was done with she asked us each one question and after those were answered she asked if anyone had any questions. Then we were told there were 5 slots open and there were over 11 interviewees. We were told we would hear back by the end of the week. Never heard anything back. I think she should have asked more questions, you can't get to know someone by just one question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had bad customer service. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process started out with two group activities. These activities focused on how well you present items and persuade the customer into buying these items. After that, we had very brief one-on-one interviews. This is when the managers asked what my availabilities are, asked what position I applied for, and ran through the dress code. Finally, one of the managers then gave me an time estimate of when I would be notified if I got the job.

Sales Floor Team Member and Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about 2 weeks later. I set up an interview with one of the managers for the following day. The manager that interview me didn't seem that experience when it came to doing interviews. He was having a difficult time trying to find questions to ask me. The interview took about 15 minutes, pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Hawthorne, CA).

Interview

If was a group interview they had us each introduce our slef. We had to go pick a toy then you had to stand in front of the group and try to make them want to buy it. But before you have to talk about it they make you switch with the person to your left and sometimes the other person has a toy you know nothing about so I recommend to have at least something to say about all the toys.

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant. It was an on campus interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. They look for leadership qualities and team players who can help each other and provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you led a team to achieve a collective goal   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a "recruiter " and when I called her back she was very curt and said she had to take a few days off and would contact me when she came back then hung up before I could say anything. I was then contacted a month later by another "recruiter " the day before I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and would not have my phone on for a week. When I called that woman back I was told she WAS recruiting for the company but isn't anymore and she hung up. I have worked in retail over 20 years and have been in charge of hiring seasonal associates to Store Managers and every level in between and I can't imagine that level of unprofessionalism being okay. Maybe if you are desperate for a job?? I just don't get the impression that the culture in those stores is anything but miserable.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Then everyone did one on one with Store manager. I called on Tuesday didn't get the job. I thanked them very much for the opportunity to interview with them. The managers there are very nice

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wesley Chapel, FL).

Interview

I was called on the phone and asked to come in for an interview at the store. we had a group interview with about 5 people in the group total

Interview Questions

• we were asked to t'ell some things about ourselves< and pick from a group of toys on the table and "sell it to the group   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Commerce, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a month to respond. Very fast and short phone call, not very professional. Was a little late to the interview. When I got there the guy took 10 mins. to get out and meet me. So, he didn't notice I was late and apologized to me. Told me it was one of those "Hectic mornings." I was expecting a group interview, but it was just me. The interview took place outside on a bench. He knew I was really nervous. He seemed pretty chill and nice. Before we started he told me "I just want to chat, and get to know you." He was informative about the job too. We did have a very nice, long chat about movies/toys/games/art for 40 mins. After the chat was over I lied a lot about myself, pretty sure he knew I was. And i kind of told him I didn't like kids *facepalm* I have no idea why I said that to him. At the end of the interview he wanted me to walk in the store and pick a toy and tell him why I picked it. I completely failed on that part as well. Then he told me he'd call if i got the job or not. I was not very uncomfortable after the hour interview about working for him. So I planned to decline, if he told me I got the job. Instead I got an email from Toys "R" Us Human Resource saying I did not get the job. It was kind of relief to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a good experience of costumer service, then a bad one? In detail.   Answer Question