Toys "R" Us Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.0

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Brief phone interview and face-to-face with HR followed by an in-store group interview with about 12 other interviewees. Phone interview was minimum and the group interview was more of an open screening, we were told about the company and asked to pair up for customer related scenario questions: If a customer comes in looking for X how would you assist her? Anyone who passed the group interview were called back for orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Did an application but they didn't call me until a month later. Manager informed me that it would be a group interview. Make sure you do well in the application test because they hire based on it. Arrived to the interview and it turns out the other candidate didnt show. Was told to pick a toy off the sales floor and sell it to the manager. After that she asked a few typical interviewing questions and then the store manager came in and asked very few questions. They both seemed to like me and told me they were going to go through with the background check and after it clears They would call. They called 5 days later (interview was on a Thursday). Told me to come in the next day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Whats your availability?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically tell you the amount the position pays and there's no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Toledo, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call in a week or two to set up a group interview. Group interview was really easy, there was only 5 of us. Then it was a one on one interview. **The group interview, they have you grab a toy and present it as if you were selling it to someone. Keep that in mind so you have a good thing to say. And volunteer to go first because that makes you stand out.

Interview Questions

• 1. Sell me this pen.
      2. sell me this toy.
      3. why do you want to work for toys r us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

1.phone interview(they asked me questions over the phone and asked some personal information)
    2.group interview/work as a team/(we had to build something together and it would prove how we would use certain skills and strategies to work together) it was a good way to feel comfortable with everyone
    3.present a toy(there were a variety of toys to choose from and we presented them as if we were trying to sell them)
    4. Speak with store manager ( this was an one on one portion where the manager would ask me questions)

Interview Questions

• Q:In what experiences do you have with working within a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and simple, took only about 25 minuets and there was 2 other people applying for the same position. The interviewer asked only one question, afterwards he explained the benefits and wage.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the Toys R Us website, got called the next day to come in for an interview, I went in for the interview and the very next next they called to let me know I was hired. I started the following week.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in September 2015.

Interview

Sell the other applicants to help get them hired on. Team into groups of 2 and write everything you can about that person ask them about their lives and what would help them get hired on..then read it aloud...they have to do the same on your own life and read it aloud. Hint...speak up...if you whisper, your out!

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was mostly a group interview. First off, we took turns saying what our name was and what our favorite toy was.

Secondly, we went into the store and picked out a toy. When we came back to the interviewing room, we took a minute or two to get a feel for the toy and when that minute is up, we pretend we are selling that time to a "customer" (the other candidates hopefully for the job). After that, we go put the toy back and come back to the interview room.

Thirdly, we get slit into teams and are expected to built something with these "Lego-like" toys and after 5 minutes or so, just say what we built and talk about it. After that, we put the "Lego-like" toys away in its box

Lastly, the one-on-one interview. We are sent outside to wait and they say they will call us one-by-one into the room. After like 3-4 people, I guess they stopped doing that and just let peope go in one by one in whatever order. If you wanted to go next, you did.

They just asked you "why should we hire you ". And then just follow up questions like your schedule (if you're in school or not)/background check/willing to work weekends/things like that

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Sit in a room with a group where you are told to build something out of Lego's then you have to sell it to everyone. Then you are split into groups and given a product and told to make a commercial for it. Then you are called one by one to speak with HR who just asks lightly about your background & availability.. nothing like 'tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..' (Hated those) & then you have a short interview with one of the managers. Pretty simple and you usually hear back from them in a week.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

I found a listing on Craigslist for seasonal hiring. So i applied online. They called me back in like a week or two. Asked a few questions on the phone and then scheduled an interview. It was a group interview so it was about ten of us altogether. The hr introduced herself and the assistant store manager did the same. They wanted us to do a interactive/selling activity. So we got split into groups and made things with Legos that we then had to sell and advertise to them. Afterwards, they had us go and select items from the sales floor that we would sale next. Except when we came back, they had us switch items and then sell or new item. Lastly, we had the one on one traditional interviews with the assistant store manager.