Toys "R" Us Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Human Resources Interview Questions

2.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

A few questions then a description of the position. Interviewed with a manager, director and colleague. Did an additional phone interview with direct supervisor. It took several weeks for them to make thei decision.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. I was able to meet many team members. Open and welcoming culture. The team was very motivated and seemed to work well together. There appeared to be a lot of opportunity to make an impact.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for Toys"R"Us July 17, 2016 on indeed.com . I receive an email from the manager to fill out the actual application on the site on July 19 ,2016. I receive a call from the manager on July 21, 2016 asking if I'm still interested in the position. Of course I said yes and was schedule for an interview on July 26, 2016. The interview was fairly easy and it only lasted for 30mins. I receive a call the same day and was told by the asst manager that I needed to do another meeting with the district manager the next day (July 27, 2016) because she was not the deciding factor. I went in for the interview on the next day. The interview went well. The same day I got a call from the asst manager saying I got the job and she will be doing a background check. July 29, 2016 I pass the background check and I will be starting on August 1, 2016.

The whole process was pretty quick. I am excited for this position. I'll write a review in three months time. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations phrase

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Laredo, TX).

Interview

The interview was basically a competency based interview with the supervisor and managers trying to get an understanding of my background, my ability to take on the tasks at hand and my ability to fit into Toys R Us

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself?
      -Explain how you have led a team, what challenges did you face leading a team and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Joliet, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied several months before for the position but the interview process was pretty fast. First there was a brief phone screen and then I was asked to come in and meet with talent acquisition. After that I received a call a day later asking me to come in a meet with the director. From there I just had to wait for a decision which I was told would be by the next business day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in October 2014.

Interview

I app;ied on line and was called 3 days later asked to come into a group interview 2 days later, group interview consist of introductions, then telling about your self and your fave childhood toy then going onto the salesfloor to pick out a toy that represents your adult life now bring it back to room and tell everyone why you are that toy or better yet why that toy represents you. then they had 1 on one interviews very short unless you asked alot of questions. The next stop in the process is to wait for back ground checks to come through.

Interview Questions

• The ususal questions such as why should we hire you? whats a time you dealt with a difficult customer? how did you resolve it ? why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Three part interview process. the first interview was a phone interview, it took about 25 min. I was offered three management positions! Human Resources Department Supervisor appealed to me so I went for it. Next was a face to face interview with the store manager where he explained in detail the role of a Human Resources Department Supervisor and asked questions about my leadership skills, the next interview was with two key holding managers and a offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why do you want this job?
      Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
      What's your ideal company?
      What attracted you to this company?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you like least about your last job?
      When were you most satisfied in your job?
      What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
      What were the responsibilities of your last position?
      Why are you leaving your present job?
      What do you know about this industry?
      What do you know about our company?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me my pay and gave me some additional information. The pay was lower than I wanted but they would not budge. I took the pay cut because I was in need of a job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in May 2012.

Interview

This is a three part interview.

The first is a general phone pre-screening from the Store Manager or HRDS. The questions are very general: "We work hard to play hard. Is this a type of company you would want to work for?" Pretty hokey takes five minutes.

The second is a selling interaction that was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager. This will go one of two ways. They will ask you to go to the floor, pick and object and sell it to them. Otherwise, they will have a table of merchandise and have you role play with the assistant manager. The second part to the second half has to do with teamwork and selling. You will be given a bag of blocks or legos and given 10 minutes to build and sell something with the person that you are interviewing against.

The third part was an interview with the Store Manager. The other person you are interviewing against is invited to walk the salesfloor to observe day to day operations. The questions are very situationally based around basic working in retail behaviors; How do you communicate? Do you like working in a team? Tell me about a time you solved a problem.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember, but it was very centric around selling merchandise. I figure if I can recruit and sell a corporation I can BS and sell a swaddle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked what they payscale was like for this store and district. They said 8-12 dollars. I told them I wanted 12 so they brought in the regional HR Manager to conduct an informal follow up interview. He made fun of my shoes and made me the offer.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

First I briefly had a phone screen with the TRU recruiter. Then I met with various managers at the HQ. Everyone seemed very down to earth, even upper management. Persons working there seemed happy but when I went to their Distribution Center I can tell they might be over worked.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where I had to deal with a difficult employee/co-worker and how did I handle it.   1 Answer