Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was asked for phone interview. Process was relatively simple and in line with other retail interviews that I've participated in. Hiring manager was friendly and helpful. Interview is best conducted when treating it like a conversation. The weirdest/most discouraging part of the process was this extremely long online questionnaire/test I had to take.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Coral Springs, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was with a room full of people who also applied. They hired you based on your resume. They basically did most of the talking and very few questions. They kind of picked people to answer some of the questions they had.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Champaign, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Little to no questions were asked during my interview. It seemed like they were so desperate to hire that they didn't really question seasonal employees much, if at all, during the interview process. It honestly made the company look like it had no standards.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard HR phone screen and then an offer to come to HQ and meet with a Director, Manager, and a would be peer. Pretty standard stuff and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough decision you had to make   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a "recruiter " and when I called her back she was very curt and said she had to take a few days off and would contact me when she came back then hung up before I could say anything. I was then contacted a month later by another "recruiter " the day before I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and would not have my phone on for a week. When I called that woman back I was told she WAS recruiting for the company but isn't anymore and she hung up. I have worked in retail over 20 years and have been in charge of hiring seasonal associates to Store Managers and every level in between and I can't imagine that level of unprofessionalism being okay. Maybe if you are desperate for a job?? I just don't get the impression that the culture in those stores is anything but miserable.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Downers Grove, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Short but sweet. Typical tell me about why you want to work here, explain a difficult situation you overcame. This is a standard format with very very very very little variation from the norm.

Assistant Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Werribee, Victoria (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Werribee, Victoria (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

A group interview with 30-40 people. There were a few store managers from other stores there also. We waited out the foyer after we handed our CV's, forms and birth certificates. We were separated into 4/5 groups. We had to stand in a large circle with everyone and say our name, a toy we loved in our childhood and who would win out of superman and batman. Then after that the person who was running your group called out the group number that I was in and we sat down in another room, we sat at the tables with our groups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HAVEN'T RECEIVED INFO IF I HAVE THE JOB YET but I will find out tomorrow before 12.

Mobile Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in February 2016.

Interview

I sat with three different members of the team. I waited in the office while they came in and out to sit with me and interview individually. They asked mostly general questions about myself, the position, and how my experience best fit the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? What do you see yourself contributing to the team? How does your experience fit this role? What questions do you have about the position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

At this particular location, the interview was a mess. The staff is less than desirable to work around. Which os very odd considering it is supposed to be a fun work environment.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

We had a group interview and were asked the general "tell me about yourself" basics. Then we were given a small puzzle (12 or so pieces) and split into groups and told to put it together with the pieces blank side up. We were then let loose in the store and told to grab a random toy from a section they assigned each of us and bring it back to the break room where we had to give a sales pitch on said toy. Lastly we had quick 1 on 1's with the GM.