Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.1

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through school.
    1.Got an email to schedule 45 mins interview with Manager in Finance department (no unnecessary HR screening, which was nice), heard back next day after that.
    2.Got an exercise to complete (2 parts: summarize sales data for 2 years in 1-2 slides and forecast sales for half of the year). Heard back in a couple of business days (learned afterwards that there are actually 2 Managers reviewing the submissions, they take it seriously).
    3. Got invited to all day event at Headquarters: 3 45-minute interviews back-to-back, lots of networking with current employees (newly hired and general group). Heard back in 2-3 business days.

Make sure you have lots of questions prepared! They give you a LOT of opportunity to ask questions, and one of my interviewers left whole 15 mins for my questions. Ran out of prepared ones and had to come up with stuff on the fly, don't suggest that, make LOTS of questions prepared in advance!

Also, I was VERY surprised when I saw there were only 8 of us that day. Makes you feel valued. They are watching you closely and considering each of you carefully and seriously once you're there. Do yourself a favor and be prepared. Overall, very positive experience, super friendly and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate feasibility of new store opening (abroad)   Answer Question
    • How would you define the amount that would qualify for free shipping for online purchase?   Answer Question
    • Most of other questions were behavioral, "tell me about the time..."
      -when your initial analysis was wrong
      -when you didn't have technical tools to do the analysis/finish the project

Obviously be ready with your past project you're most proud of. They probe on leadership, teamwork, analytical work and your reaction to ambiguity.
      Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Workers led me to the break room and had a brief interview with the supervisor of the store. He only asked one question and the rest was just confirming what I said when I applied online.

Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long, but worth while. Applied online. Received a follow up email a few months later. Was then asked to complete a phone interview. Then had a full day interview. Interviewers seemed excited to interview potential candidates. Had 3 back to back interviews and was given a tour of facility.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Settlement, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (White Settlement, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call to go in for an interview, the full interview lasted about 10 minutes. She didn't ask any personal or experience questions. It was a little unprofessional and awkward. She went straight into the job description and everything I had to do. I didn't actually meet the managers until working three weeks in.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Jacksonville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer had the interviewee grab a toy off the shelf and essentially sell that toy to the interviewer. After that they had a normal interview process, just be prepared to know a lot about the product.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Champaign, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Little to no questions were asked during my interview. It seemed like they were so desperate to hire that they didn't really question seasonal employees much, if at all, during the interview process. It honestly made the company look like it had no standards.

Back of the House Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Nashua, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was simple and easy going. It was a stress free process that went very fast. This was during the holiday season so that may have contributed to the simple nature of the interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Parma, OH).

Interview

I was really nervous but then I felt comfortable. Interviewer was really nice. The interview went really well she asked me questions about my job history. They called me a week after for the offer.

Accepted a job offer.

Interview

The Process Probably Take About A Week Or Two. The Called Me For A Group Interview. She Didn't Really Ask Any Questions. She Told Us About The Store. She Also Made Us Pick A Toy Off The Table And Tell Her About As If We Were Trying To Sell It To A Customer.Told Us The About The Stores And How Everything Works. Take Us On A Tour Of The Store. It Went Very Well She Asked For Our Social Security Number And Date Of Birth So She Can Run A Background Check. They Called Me Two Days Later & Told Me I Had The Job.

Interview Questions

Interview

A few questions then a description of the position. Interviewed with a manager, director and colleague. Did an additional phone interview with direct supervisor. It took several weeks for them to make thei decision.