Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,020 Interview Reviews

2.1

Interview

I was greeted immediately by a friendly employee who directed me to the break room. I sat and waited with about 7 other applicants. In came HR who introduced herself and said we were just waiting for the manager before we could move forward with the interview. As soon as the manager showed up, we got to it. He was very friendly and funny. I felt comfortable right away. We all introduced ourselves and moved forward with the interview process.

I was hired and I asked my own questions and they were more than happy to answer any question I had. I'm looking forward to working with Toys R Us again. Fingers crossed that it becomes more than just a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of questions were you asked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really. I have a complete open availability. So I think that helped

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, we had to go out and get a toy and come back to do a "commercial" on the item. They wanted to make sure we knew how to sell the toy. Easiest group interview ever

Interview Questions

• Using the first letter of your first name, describe yourself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked about ourselves and to name our favorite mocie as a child. We had to grab one toy from the store floor and sale it to them. Then they asked us why we wanted to work at toys r us. After that they had us return the toys to the store and ask a current employee working what their favorite toys r us memory was. Then they did the one on one interviews. I was the first one to be called in dont know if this is bad or not. I am still waiting for a call. Had the interview yesterday.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Plantation, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got there pretty early and they told me to wait and 2 people interviewed me, it was the hiring manager and a guy (idk what he does) and they asked me my previous work experience in retail and what was my favorite toy as a child and asked me to try and sell them a toy, then they were like okay we'll be back. When they came back she introduced me to the store manager and she asked me to her about myself and my availability.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through school.
    1.Got an email to schedule 45 mins interview with Manager in Finance department (no unnecessary HR screening, which was nice), heard back next day after that.
    2.Got an exercise to complete (2 parts: summarize sales data for 2 years in 1-2 slides and forecast sales for half of the year). Heard back in a couple of business days (learned afterwards that there are actually 2 Managers reviewing the submissions, they take it seriously).
    3. Got invited to all day event at Headquarters: 3 45-minute interviews back-to-back, lots of networking with current employees (newly hired and general group). Heard back in 2-3 business days.

Make sure you have lots of questions prepared! They give you a LOT of opportunity to ask questions, and one of my interviewers left whole 15 mins for my questions. Ran out of prepared ones and had to come up with stuff on the fly, don't suggest that, make LOTS of questions prepared in advance!

Also, I was VERY surprised when I saw there were only 8 of us that day. Makes you feel valued. They are watching you closely and considering each of you carefully and seriously once you're there. Do yourself a favor and be prepared. Overall, very positive experience, super friendly and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate feasibility of new store opening (abroad)   Answer Question
    • How would you define the amount that would qualify for free shipping for online purchase?   Answer Question
    • Most of other questions were behavioral, "tell me about the time..."
      -when your initial analysis was wrong
      -when you didn't have technical tools to do the analysis/finish the project

Obviously be ready with your past project you're most proud of. They probe on leadership, teamwork, analytical work and your reaction to ambiguity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Hattiesburg, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was long (4 and a half hours) there where 7 people includeing me and there where 2 managers everyone was friendly and we all chatted and talked when the managers took us back one by one

Interview Questions

• They ask diffrent questions to everyone all doing with teamwork or dealing with customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process had a very positive vibe. I attended a group interview. It was a group of about 7 people. We were all very outgoing and friendly; thus, we showed that we could work in a group, unintentionally. We played with legos as we waited for our individual interviews. The manager was very friendly! The individual interviews may take a short while, so block out a couple hours of your schedule just to play it safe.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (North Miami Beach, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

So i applied online and two days later received a call for interview. I came in and the manager was really cool. He ask about my past experience and I had experience in stock and he then said this was gonna be a quick interview. It wasnt a really one just conversation. He explained about the store and said it paid 11 dollar because its overnight. Lastly, he made an offer saying its up to me and i accepted and he said "Welcome to toys r us "

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I mean no negotiations. Just 11 dollars an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Then everyone did one on one with Store manager. I called on Tuesday didn't get the job. I thanked them very much for the opportunity to interview with them. The managers there are very nice

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Workers led me to the break room and had a brief interview with the supervisor of the store. He only asked one question and the rest was just confirming what I said when I applied online.