Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017
1,080 Interview Reviews

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The interview process was really simple. I put my application in online and I received a call a few weeks later. From there I was interviewed by an HR manager and hired a few days later.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Woodbridge, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked in to toys r us and was told to go to the break room. the interviewer asked normal to hard questions. got a response in two weeks, and was told to bring my working papers so they can sign it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Stocking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked to pick a toy and talking about why we picked the toy. We were also asked to sale the toy by doing a little commercial about it. Then we were paired in groups and asked to build a puzzle without any instructions to see if we ask questions and how well we can work together. That was pretty much it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? And why would you like to work at here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Douglasville,GA . The Interview lasted 2 hours because there were 34 candidates.Half of the people never even showed up .First they took us to a break room in the back and we all introduced our self 1by1 .Next, we told what our favorite toy was and what we do on our off days After and talked with a partner in why they deserve the job .After that we were separated in potential job positions and for Sales associate you have to go around the store and choose a Toy and pitch it to the Manager .

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Answered questind, he kept getting called away. Sat in messy Training room, he was trying to figure me out, had my resume printed and ready . Went through a pretty typical interview process reading questions off of a sheet hitting things down then told me he may call in a few days after he does a few more interviews

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right person for this job?   1 Answer

Assocaiate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (West Hartford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Group of other five individuals interviewed in lunch break area to see your collaborative skills. Was also told sometimes they ask you to market a toy to them to see those skills. Lastly when one on one interview asks more personal questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The first interview, for me, was a group interview. They typically ask the group questions and you answer. They then ask you to break up into groups and present a product you're trying to sell. After that there's a second interview basically telling you that you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked how would you help answer a customers question about a product.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lewisville, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in for a one on one, but ultimately declined the offer because I was looking for seasonal/temporary not permanent. Most questions where about teamwork hypothetical situation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rowlett, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They were very nice and asked simple questions if wasn't just one interviewer but 3 which to me made me a lot less nervous. It was in a small room and there was a few other people interviewing with me which also made me feel more at ease. Overall it was a great first experience

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lewisville, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in on June 13 it was a one-on-one interview. I applied for a temporary job there since school will be starting up in August. I talked to the person in charge of the front end Cashier. She took me in the back room and asked me some basic questions about what i can bring to the job and how i can improve it if i was to work there. I was told that i would most likely be hired, but i am only 15. So i have to wait 2 weeks to hear back i guess.

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who needed help getting something off the selves, they need a extra hand at the cashier, a hazardous spill is on the floor, or your lunch break. I had to place them in order from most important to least important.   Answer Question