Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was just a group interview where they give you information about the job and they ask for stuff they need so that they can check backgrounds and after that they ask if you're prepared to work for them then they'll be happy to call a week later after that you get set up online watch some videos and take basic common sense test about rules and after that you start the job

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in October 2016.

Interview

They brought 5 of us into the break room, had us introduce ourselves, told us about the job, and had us fill out availability charts. Got a call not long after saying I got the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

At this particular location, the interview was a mess. The staff is less than desirable to work around. Which os very odd considering it is supposed to be a fun work environment.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bellevue, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The application and interview was a quick and easy process that was both professional and welcoming. Toys R Us is an upbeat, (thirty words for this description?) and fun place to work.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. I was able to meet many team members. Open and welcoming culture. The team was very motivated and seemed to work well together. There appeared to be a lot of opportunity to make an impact.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The Interview consists of your standard behavioral interview questions. They did ask about previous job experiences but that's something you should know. I think they are looking for people with a customer service background because you communicate a lot with a variety of customers from young kids to adults and you have to be someone who enjoys this environment otherwise you won't love the job you do.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

it was a group interview they asked us to describe ourself and our favorite toy. it was an open environment and very easy process. as a group we had to build a Lego set with pieces missing to show our teamwork skills

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Brief phone interview and face-to-face with HR followed by an in-store group interview with about 12 other interviewees. Phone interview was minimum and the group interview was more of an open screening, we were told about the company and asked to pair up for customer related scenario questions: If a customer comes in looking for X how would you assist her? Anyone who passed the group interview were called back for orientation.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a group interview with two others, they had us introduce ourselves and our favorite toy as a kid. Then we played with blocks and talked about what we built and why. Then he picked a toy and 'sold it' to the group. Just be sure to mention whether the toys has companion parts, if need batteries, and what ages the toy is meant for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think working in a toy store during the holiday season is like?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Just as the majority of glass door users said it was. Pretty simple. Phone pre interview followed up with an in person interview. Basic questions as expected. They seemed eager for the holidays, but this store in particular needs a lot of help. Definitely better mangers.

Interview Questions

This particular store was just a mess. The environment did not seem like a friendly toys r us store. Higher management needs to take a look at this store.