Toys "R" Us Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy. When you walk in they had us sit at a table (7-8 of us) we went around saying our favorite childhood toy and why. We built a building out of blocks and had to explain why we built it. We pick a toy from a table and had to sell it to our interviewers.

After this, they had us wait outside and if they called your name you were free to go (didn't get the job). Their was about 4 people who stayed including me and they called us into the room one by one and asked us like 2-3 questions and gave us the job description and offered us the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a group interview with two others, they had us introduce ourselves and our favorite toy as a kid. Then we played with blocks and talked about what we built and why. Then he picked a toy and 'sold it' to the group. Just be sure to mention whether the toys has companion parts, if need batteries, and what ages the toy is meant for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think working in a toy store during the holiday season is like?   1 Answer

Pricing/Signage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from TRU and they did a short phone interview followed by an appointment for a group interview in the next few days. There were a little over 10 people and we were taken to the break room to conduct the group interview. It was a pretty chill environment, they had candy laid out for us to take. We each said a little something about ourselves and later got into a group of three to four people to play with legos and build something out of it. We then had to pitch/sell whatever we built. On the same day after the group interview, we each were called in to the managers office to do a one on one interview with the store manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Its a group interview you have to introduce your self and then they test your team work ability with with the group by playing a lego game. Then they call you one by one for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work weekends.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruited by Regional leadership and then made an account with RUS corporate along with applying online so they could get it officially in the system. Then called in to speak with DM and after a work got a call that I got the job. Started during holiday season.

Negotiation

Brief

Back of the House Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a single group interview that took place, We were all asked to introduce ourselves and were asked questions that each of us answered in turn. We then proceeded to pick merchandise from the sales floor and were told to sell it to the others in the room. The interview was concluded shortly after this point with myself being told I had the job if I wanted directly afterward.

Interview Questions

• To show them how we would sell merchandise from the sales floor.   1 Answer