Toys "R" Us Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.3

163 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a "recruiter " and when I called her back she was very curt and said she had to take a few days off and would contact me when she came back then hung up before I could say anything. I was then contacted a month later by another "recruiter " the day before I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and would not have my phone on for a week. When I called that woman back I was told she WAS recruiting for the company but isn't anymore and she hung up. I have worked in retail over 20 years and have been in charge of hiring seasonal associates to Store Managers and every level in between and I can't imagine that level of unprofessionalism being okay. Maybe if you are desperate for a job?? I just don't get the impression that the culture in those stores is anything but miserable.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

typical MBA interview - company campus tour, 3 round one-on-one interview, including "talk about yourself, your job, your life" and case analysis questions, panel, presentation, hands-on: make a lego toy and then present it.

Interview Questions

• some case analysis question   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Many rounds of interviews over the course of 3 months. Including 3 rounds with the same person, which I have never experienced before. The folks who interviewed me were all my future supervisors - no peer interviews, which is also highly unusual. One of the interviewers had resigned the company before my interview process was over.

Interview Questions

• Experiential interviews. So many questions of the type: "please describe a specific situation where this or that happened, how your reacted, what waas the end result?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Was a group interview and they split up into 2 groups then told us to make a product from legos and sell it to the manager. Basically sees how you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, what was your favorite store growing up?, past experience?, why do you want to work at toys r us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation just starting pay

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, we had to go out and get a toy and come back to do a "commercial" on the item. They wanted to make sure we knew how to sell the toy. Easiest group interview ever

Interview Questions

• Using the first letter of your first name, describe yourself.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through school.
    1.Got an email to schedule 45 mins interview with Manager in Finance department (no unnecessary HR screening, which was nice), heard back next day after that.
    2.Got an exercise to complete (2 parts: summarize sales data for 2 years in 1-2 slides and forecast sales for half of the year). Heard back in a couple of business days (learned afterwards that there are actually 2 Managers reviewing the submissions, they take it seriously).
    3. Got invited to all day event at Headquarters: 3 45-minute interviews back-to-back, lots of networking with current employees (newly hired and general group). Heard back in 2-3 business days.

Make sure you have lots of questions prepared! They give you a LOT of opportunity to ask questions, and one of my interviewers left whole 15 mins for my questions. Ran out of prepared ones and had to come up with stuff on the fly, don't suggest that, make LOTS of questions prepared in advance!

Also, I was VERY surprised when I saw there were only 8 of us that day. Makes you feel valued. They are watching you closely and considering each of you carefully and seriously once you're there. Do yourself a favor and be prepared. Overall, very positive experience, super friendly and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate feasibility of new store opening (abroad)   Answer Question
    • How would you define the amount that would qualify for free shipping for online purchase?   Answer Question
    • Most of other questions were behavioral, "tell me about the time..."
      -when your initial analysis was wrong
      -when you didn't have technical tools to do the analysis/finish the project

Obviously be ready with your past project you're most proud of. They probe on leadership, teamwork, analytical work and your reaction to ambiguity.   Answer Question

Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long, but worth while. Applied online. Received a follow up email a few months later. Was then asked to complete a phone interview. Then had a full day interview. Interviewers seemed excited to interview potential candidates. Had 3 back to back interviews and was given a tour of facility.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Dry lengthy interview, 5hrs long. The HR staff is very nice however depending on the group the managers can be aggressive. Overall decent experience just go prepared with your "A" game.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

An audition with a group of people. An audition means that you stand up in front of a group of people and you must answer questions the interviewer ask.You also must pick out a toy and try to asell it to the group.NO formal interview was given to anyone.

Interview Questions

• If the company does not carry a product what would you answer the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone gets MINIMUM WAGE! It does not matter your work experience.You get FIRED if you change your AVAILABLABILITY.You get FIRED if you want to work TWO different jobs.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

At this particular location, the interview was a mess. The staff is less than desirable to work around. Which os very odd considering it is supposed to be a fun work environment.