Toys "R" Us Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.1

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It consisted of two in-person interviews. First, you would interview with an assistant manager. They would ask you a standard list of questions. Afterward, a few days, you'll get a call back for a second interview, and the store manager would interview with a standard list of questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Douglasville,GA . The Interview lasted 2 hours because there were 34 candidates.Half of the people never even showed up .First they took us to a break room in the back and we all introduced our self 1by1 .Next, we told what our favorite toy was and what we do on our off days After and talked with a partner in why they deserve the job .After that we were separated in potential job positions and for Sales associate you have to go around the store and choose a Toy and pitch it to the Manager .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, the store manager that was supposed to be interviewing us was not even there so another person had to interview us. She made us all stand up one by one and say our name and our favorite superhero and why. Then she made us do an availability sheet and name tent. She made it very clear that this was a part-time position. Then she made us pair off and interview that partner and then stand up and explain why your partner should be hired. We were then told to go find a toy on the sales floor and come back to the breakroom and explain why we picked it. After that was done with she asked us each one question and after those were answered she asked if anyone had any questions. Then we were told there were 5 slots open and there were over 11 interviewees. We were told we would hear back by the end of the week. Never heard anything back. I think she should have asked more questions, you can't get to know someone by just one question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had bad customer service. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Hawthorne, CA).

Interview

If was a group interview they had us each introduce our slef. We had to go pick a toy then you had to stand in front of the group and try to make them want to buy it. But before you have to talk about it they make you switch with the person to your left and sometimes the other person has a toy you know nothing about so I recommend to have at least something to say about all the toys.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

started as group interview with the store manager and HR manager. We did interaction activities and they had us selling an item off the sales floor to another applicant, then became one on one interview with store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took too long and i had to wait forever for them to respond. I kept calling but they would always say the same - please wait and we will get back to you

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Champaign, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Little to no questions were asked during my interview. It seemed like they were so desperate to hire that they didn't really question seasonal employees much, if at all, during the interview process. It honestly made the company look like it had no standards.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

An audition with a group of people. An audition means that you stand up in front of a group of people and you must answer questions the interviewer ask.You also must pick out a toy and try to asell it to the group.NO formal interview was given to anyone.

Interview Questions

• If the company does not carry a product what would you answer the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone gets MINIMUM WAGE! It does not matter your work experience.You get FIRED if you change your AVAILABLABILITY.You get FIRED if you want to work TWO different jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy. When you walk in they had us sit at a table (7-8 of us) we went around saying our favorite childhood toy and why. We built a building out of blocks and had to explain why we built it. We pick a toy from a table and had to sell it to our interviewers.

After this, they had us wait outside and if they called your name you were free to go (didn't get the job). Their was about 4 people who stayed including me and they called us into the room one by one and asked us like 2-3 questions and gave us the job description and offered us the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They give a phone interview first. If you qualify, then they set up a group interview. Where you are in a group of at least 8 people. On my group interview we had to build a lego theme and sell the product. Then I had the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer