Toys "R" Us Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Hawthorne, CA).

Interview

If was a group interview they had us each introduce our slef. We had to go pick a toy then you had to stand in front of the group and try to make them want to buy it. But before you have to talk about it they make you switch with the person to your left and sometimes the other person has a toy you know nothing about so I recommend to have at least something to say about all the toys.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

started as group interview with the store manager and HR manager. We did interaction activities and they had us selling an item off the sales floor to another applicant, then became one on one interview with store manager.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took too long and i had to wait forever for them to respond. I kept calling but they would always say the same - please wait and we will get back to you

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Champaign, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Little to no questions were asked during my interview. It seemed like they were so desperate to hire that they didn't really question seasonal employees much, if at all, during the interview process. It honestly made the company look like it had no standards.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

An audition with a group of people. An audition means that you stand up in front of a group of people and you must answer questions the interviewer ask.You also must pick out a toy and try to asell it to the group.NO formal interview was given to anyone.

Interview Questions

• If the company does not carry a product what would you answer the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone gets MINIMUM WAGE! It does not matter your work experience.You get FIRED if you change your AVAILABLABILITY.You get FIRED if you want to work TWO different jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy. When you walk in they had us sit at a table (7-8 of us) we went around saying our favorite childhood toy and why. We built a building out of blocks and had to explain why we built it. We pick a toy from a table and had to sell it to our interviewers.

After this, they had us wait outside and if they called your name you were free to go (didn't get the job). Their was about 4 people who stayed including me and they called us into the room one by one and asked us like 2-3 questions and gave us the job description and offered us the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They give a phone interview first. If you qualify, then they set up a group interview. Where you are in a group of at least 8 people. On my group interview we had to build a lego theme and sell the product. Then I had the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

very laid back. young comfortable hiring manager. had a natural conversation about work experience and school leadership roles. hired on spot. The employees were generally nice and when i would call to speak with the hiring manager, they were able to help.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in October 2016.

Interview

They brought 5 of us into the break room, had us introduce ourselves, told us about the job, and had us fill out availability charts. Got a call not long after saying I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

it was a group interview they asked us to describe ourself and our favorite toy. it was an open environment and very easy process. as a group we had to build a Lego set with pieces missing to show our teamwork skills