Toys "R" Us Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.1

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Toledo, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and laid back. It took only 3 days until i was starting orientation. The interview was a group interview and they made you speak about stupid things but it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, very comforting environment. Straight and to the point about pay and capabilities while on floor. I knew what to expect because I have previously worked at a Toy's R Us

Interview Questions

• If a customer approaches and looks aggravated, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Carle Place, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

very short and brief, didnt ask many questions. They seemed very desperate to find employees and would hire anyone that walked through the door. We started in a group of about 6 and then we got interviewed separately for about 5 minutes and and was told on spot that we each got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It consisted of two in-person interviews. First, you would interview with an assistant manager. They would ask you a standard list of questions. Afterward, a few days, you'll get a call back for a second interview, and the store manager would interview with a standard list of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Douglasville,GA . The Interview lasted 2 hours because there were 34 candidates.Half of the people never even showed up .First they took us to a break room in the back and we all introduced our self 1by1 .Next, we told what our favorite toy was and what we do on our off days After and talked with a partner in why they deserve the job .After that we were separated in potential job positions and for Sales associate you have to go around the store and choose a Toy and pitch it to the Manager .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, the store manager that was supposed to be interviewing us was not even there so another person had to interview us. She made us all stand up one by one and say our name and our favorite superhero and why. Then she made us do an availability sheet and name tent. She made it very clear that this was a part-time position. Then she made us pair off and interview that partner and then stand up and explain why your partner should be hired. We were then told to go find a toy on the sales floor and come back to the breakroom and explain why we picked it. After that was done with she asked us each one question and after those were answered she asked if anyone had any questions. Then we were told there were 5 slots open and there were over 11 interviewees. We were told we would hear back by the end of the week. Never heard anything back. I think she should have asked more questions, you can't get to know someone by just one question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had bad customer service. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clay, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Clay, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was looking for Summer Jobs in late April and came across a listing for Toys "R" Us. I was never given a call back after applying so in early May I entered the store and let them know that I had applied for the position. I had a first interview with two managers in Mid May, where I was asked basic questions. After agreeing to a background check and personality assessment I had a second interview in Late May. I started working in early June.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to tell every customer about our credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Hawthorne, CA).

Interview

If was a group interview they had us each introduce our slef. We had to go pick a toy then you had to stand in front of the group and try to make them want to buy it. But before you have to talk about it they make you switch with the person to your left and sometimes the other person has a toy you know nothing about so I recommend to have at least something to say about all the toys.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

started as group interview with the store manager and HR manager. We did interaction activities and they had us selling an item off the sales floor to another applicant, then became one on one interview with store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took too long and i had to wait forever for them to respond. I kept calling but they would always say the same - please wait and we will get back to you