Toys "R" Us Sales Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Sales Team Member Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.0

Sales Team Member Interview

Interview

Nice interview and fun, a group interview was part of the deal. Then an interview with the management. The group interview was with other prospects and the human resources supervisor

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Orem, UT).

Interview

Applied online. Was called in for a group interview. I was among about 10 other interviewees. We all sat in the office together with the Store Manager and Human Resource Supervisor. They asked us each a few questions in front of everyone. Then we were split in to two teams and presented with a couple of buckets of Legos on the table. We were told that each team had to come up with an idea for a toy, and design it out of Legos. It had to be a toy that you could also think of "add-on" toys for. Someone from the team then had to pitch and "sell" the toy line to the room. After the group interview we were each pulled in to speak 2 on 1, and told if we were being extended the job offer or not.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday got a call on Monday to set up an interview on Tuesday. Group interview with 4 others. It was a really comfortable setting we all introduced ourselves and said our favorite toy as a kid. We then were asked to build something and tell them what we built and why. Next we were asked to go get any toy we wanted from the floor and sell it to them. I recommend practicing this because I did so I went first. After we finished we returned the toys to where we grabbed them and were then told they would call us in separately for an interview and after we were free to leave. While they were talking with one person they rest of us were getting to know each other. I would say it was actually a pretty fun group interview. They told me they would tell me by 5pm the next day if I got the job. They ended up calling me and hour after to offer me the job and submitted a background check. Once it cleared orientation was set up the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why Toys "R" Us?
      What experience do you have?
      Availability?
      Biggest accomplishment?
      Tell us about a challenge and how you overcame it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Duluth, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online randomly and got a call back two weeks later. During the call back they tell you how much you'll be making and they ask about your availability. If you're okay with how much they offer you and you have the availability they're looking for they'll ask you in for a group interview. When I got there they had candy and magazines out for me while I waited for everyone else to show up. Only four of us showed up out of six or seven. We began the interview by getting into groups of two and together building a toy from Legos. Each person gets one question during this exercise. Be sure to ask for the instruction manual to the toy as your one question. After building the toy they had us walk the store. We were able to pick a toy and we had to pitch the toy to the rest of the group. Then one on one interviews begin. After a small handful of questions I was told I got the job. I was told it would be official after a background check was completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Riverside, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It is a group interview,, I just went today . They have you build something out of k'nex and present it... Then they make you grab a toy from the sales floor and sell it to them ... As in give them a sales pitch

Interview Questions

• What is a major challenge you encountered in life and how did you over Come it   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

I went for my interview and they call me the next day asking if i can go to orientation. They send me to a big store because i was going to be working at an express store.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in signing people for rewards or credit cards?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The interview was nothing like I was expecting. We had to go out in the store, pick a toy and create a sales pitch for this toy with a small group within a certain amount of time. It was stressful and I don't feel like the head of the interview really got to know me as a candidate due to the group setting. At the end of the interview the employer asked if there were any single mothers in the room and he seemed to be writing down notes on the people who rose their hands. Not really fair if single mothers got special consideration for the job.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Just met with the store manager and HR. It was seasonal and needed help. Hired pretty much everyone. Did take them a while to call back after they told me I had gotten the job.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was fast, took only 5 minutes. asked basic questions, about availability, experience, and asked to tell about my self. It was ok, nothing really hard. There were few other people there, nothing hard.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. Was asked to work together with the other interviewees to make something from Legos. Had to go onto the floor and find an item then present a sales pitch to the manager and HR department supervisor.