Toys "R" Us Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Group interview was skipped because not all applicants showed up. So we went straight to one on one interviews. After the interview I was told to expect a call for the second interview. Which was set for the next day. I past the 2nd interview and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple:
    Availability?
    Previous work history
    How to handle difficult customers
    How a conflict was handled with previous co-worker
    How to handle a lot of tasks on hand
    Customer service skills
    Favorite childhood toy   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived right on time for my meeting and their was a sign in sheet which determined the order of your interview. They only did individual interviews and it was very basic less than 10 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in November 2017.

Interview

The interview went by really fast. It was a one - on - one interview . It was just like any other interview. They called me 2 days after I applied.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Miami, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the following day to come in for an interview later in the week. It was a group interview and only a few general questions were asked to each of us. We then went over the responsibilities of the positions we applied for and that was it. Just had to wait for the background check to go through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview and we went around the circle talking about ourselves and our experience and to sell an item you brought to the interview. Then, it was followed up by a second solo interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Group interview with about 6 people one manager and the women from the human resource department took about a hour and a half .We had to introduce ourselves to the other people and then we had to find a partner and ask them a few questions of then tell the managers but we should hire them. After that we have to go out and find a toy we have three minutes to go over the toilet and then tell them why they should purchase it .After that the woman stood up and she told two people that she will not continue with their interview the four of us stay there. Then she told us that the four of us would have a one on one interview with the head manager . One guy went in before me and it took him about 15 minutes but he never came back to the when I was annex I went in there I had previous experience at Sears so he’s racist of my answers and he sent me back to the woman took my security number and my ID for my background check and then she called me about two days later and she sent me my onboarding information and now a week later I’m still waiting for a call back

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Was a group interview and they split up into 2 groups then told us to make a product from legos and sell it to the manager. Basically sees how you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, what was your favorite store growing up?, past experience?, why do you want to work at toys r us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation just starting pay

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, we had to go out and get a toy and come back to do a "commercial" on the item. They wanted to make sure we knew how to sell the toy. Easiest group interview ever

Interview Questions

• Using the first letter of your first name, describe yourself.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked about ourselves and to name our favorite mocie as a child. We had to grab one toy from the store floor and sale it to them. Then they asked us why we wanted to work at toys r us. After that they had us return the toys to the store and ask a current employee working what their favorite toys r us memory was. Then they did the one on one interviews. I was the first one to be called in dont know if this is bad or not. I am still waiting for a call. Had the interview yesterday.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Plantation, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got there pretty early and they told me to wait and 2 people interviewed me, it was the hiring manager and a guy (idk what he does) and they asked me my previous work experience in retail and what was my favorite toy as a child and asked me to try and sell them a toy, then they were like okay we'll be back. When they came back she introduced me to the store manager and she asked me to her about myself and my availability.