Toys "R" Us Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.0

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY).

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Was a group interview and they split up into 2 groups then told us to make a product from legos and sell it to the manager. Basically sees how you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, what was your favorite store growing up?, past experience?, why do you want to work at toys r us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation just starting pay

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, we had to go out and get a toy and come back to do a "commercial" on the item. They wanted to make sure we knew how to sell the toy. Easiest group interview ever

Interview Questions

• Using the first letter of your first name, describe yourself.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked about ourselves and to name our favorite mocie as a child. We had to grab one toy from the store floor and sale it to them. Then they asked us why we wanted to work at toys r us. After that they had us return the toys to the store and ask a current employee working what their favorite toys r us memory was. Then they did the one on one interviews. I was the first one to be called in dont know if this is bad or not. I am still waiting for a call. Had the interview yesterday.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Plantation, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got there pretty early and they told me to wait and 2 people interviewed me, it was the hiring manager and a guy (idk what he does) and they asked me my previous work experience in retail and what was my favorite toy as a child and asked me to try and sell them a toy, then they were like okay we'll be back. When they came back she introduced me to the store manager and she asked me to her about myself and my availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Then everyone did one on one with Store manager. I called on Tuesday didn't get the job. I thanked them very much for the opportunity to interview with them. The managers there are very nice

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Workers led me to the break room and had a brief interview with the supervisor of the store. He only asked one question and the rest was just confirming what I said when I applied online.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

We had a group interview where myself and other folks sat around our interview and chosen to explain and sell our favorite toy. As long as you are nice, then you will get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Commerce, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a month to respond. Very fast and short phone call, not very professional. Was a little late to the interview. When I got there the guy took 10 mins. to get out and meet me. So, he didn't notice I was late and apologized to me. Told me it was one of those "Hectic mornings." I was expecting a group interview, but it was just me. The interview took place outside on a bench. He knew I was really nervous. He seemed pretty chill and nice. Before we started he told me "I just want to chat, and get to know you." He was informative about the job too. We did have a very nice, long chat about movies/toys/games/art for 40 mins. After the chat was over I lied a lot about myself, pretty sure he knew I was. And i kind of told him I didn't like kids *facepalm* I have no idea why I said that to him. At the end of the interview he wanted me to walk in the store and pick a toy and tell him why I picked it. I completely failed on that part as well. Then he told me he'd call if i got the job or not. I was not very uncomfortable after the hour interview about working for him. So I planned to decline, if he told me I got the job. Instead I got an email from Toys "R" Us Human Resource saying I did not get the job. It was kind of relief to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a good experience of costumer service, then a bad one? In detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was just a group interview where they give you information about the job and they ask for stuff they need so that they can check backgrounds and after that they ask if you're prepared to work for them then they'll be happy to call a week later after that you get set up online watch some videos and take basic common sense test about rules and after that you start the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Just as the majority of glass door users said it was. Pretty simple. Phone pre interview followed up with an in person interview. Basic questions as expected. They seemed eager for the holidays, but this store in particular needs a lot of help. Definitely better mangers.

Interview Questions

This particular store was just a mess. The environment did not seem like a friendly toys r us store. Higher management needs to take a look at this store.