Toys "R" Us Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

group interview with "game"
game was playing "customer/cashier" , seeing how we would react in certain situations. basically role playing what we would be doing
very fun interview process
then individual interview after

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you couldn't not help/ answer a customer's question on price/where to find something?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Applied for the job online then went in for the interview. The interview was short and sweet. Was told that I would have to wait around 3 days for the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Woodbridge, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked in to toys r us and was told to go to the break room. the interviewer asked normal to hard questions. got a response in two weeks, and was told to bring my working papers so they can sign it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rowlett, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They were very nice and asked simple questions if wasn't just one interviewer but 3 which to me made me a lot less nervous. It was in a small room and there was a few other people interviewing with me which also made me feel more at ease. Overall it was a great first experience

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

I wasn't in a group interview since only 4 of 15 of us went in for interviews and I was the only one scheduled for a Thursday (I still got to play with Legos later though). The Human Resource manager interviewed me and asked about my work history and what I'm like. She said she liked me and called in her boss. Then the boss came in, and asked questions about how I deal with people and my personality. He also said he liked me a lot and after the background check, they would have me start immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bloomington, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and during the process went through a few strange tests that were kinda a mix of IQ tests and personality tests. After that a few days later they called and I was told when the next hiring process will take place so I could be there.

I went there and was told to go to break room and waited with a few other people. Once they store manager came in he had us each say something interesting about ourselves. After that he split us up into groups of 2 or 3 to interview each other. 15 minutes later he said to present the person you interviewed to him and, I believe, the head of HR for the store. When everybody was done presenting their group member he called us back 1 at a time. Once in the back both the store manager and HR head asked a bunch of basic interview questions. After they were done with the questions I just left because they said there wasn't anything going on after it.

Side note: My personal experience was awful for interviewing each other because I was paired up with someone who could barely write at all so I had to write everything I said for him so that he could remember it.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in November 2015.

Interview

Was pretty easy, had to go out on the sales floor and pick a toy out to sell to the managers. Was very nerve racking. After the group interveiw we then were put into a different room for a one on one interveiw where they asked your typical interveiw questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Smith, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

We interviewed another person to get to know them (Group interview). Then we had to make a speech about that person, explaining why they deserved the job. We asked about their family, what they like to do for fun. We went through 20 or so speeches and people were called to leave. They were told they'd be called. And 4 people stayed to accept job offers.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (McDonough, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Part one was to see how your sales skills are. You had to go around the store and find an item that you can pretend to sell and give information about. Then you try to sell it to the interviewers. Part two was to see if you can work well with others as a team. They split you into two teams and each team was given a puzzle. Whoever finishes first wins. It can show how well you can work with others.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I was brought into a room with multiple applicants and asked a series of questions. None of them were difficult and targeted my interests more-so than my qualifications. I was hired immediately following the interview and scheduled to work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• *Referring to randomly-selected products targeting opposite gender* How would you sell this to a customer on the sales floor?   Answer Question