Toys "R" Us Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.0

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rowlett, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They were very nice and asked simple questions if wasn't just one interviewer but 3 which to me made me a lot less nervous. It was in a small room and there was a few other people interviewing with me which also made me feel more at ease. Overall it was a great first experience

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toys "R" Us

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

I wasn't in a group interview since only 4 of 15 of us went in for interviews and I was the only one scheduled for a Thursday (I still got to play with Legos later though). The Human Resource manager interviewed me and asked about my work history and what I'm like. She said she liked me and called in her boss. Then the boss came in, and asked questions about how I deal with people and my personality. He also said he liked me a lot and after the background check, they would have me start immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bloomington, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and during the process went through a few strange tests that were kinda a mix of IQ tests and personality tests. After that a few days later they called and I was told when the next hiring process will take place so I could be there.

I went there and was told to go to break room and waited with a few other people. Once they store manager came in he had us each say something interesting about ourselves. After that he split us up into groups of 2 or 3 to interview each other. 15 minutes later he said to present the person you interviewed to him and, I believe, the head of HR for the store. When everybody was done presenting their group member he called us back 1 at a time. Once in the back both the store manager and HR head asked a bunch of basic interview questions. After they were done with the questions I just left because they said there wasn't anything going on after it.

Side note: My personal experience was awful for interviewing each other because I was paired up with someone who could barely write at all so I had to write everything I said for him so that he could remember it.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in November 2015.

Interview

Was pretty easy, had to go out on the sales floor and pick a toy out to sell to the managers. Was very nerve racking. After the group interveiw we then were put into a different room for a one on one interveiw where they asked your typical interveiw questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fort Smith, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

We interviewed another person to get to know them (Group interview). Then we had to make a speech about that person, explaining why they deserved the job. We asked about their family, what they like to do for fun. We went through 20 or so speeches and people were called to leave. They were told they'd be called. And 4 people stayed to accept job offers.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I was brought into a room with multiple applicants and asked a series of questions. None of them were difficult and targeted my interests more-so than my qualifications. I was hired immediately following the interview and scheduled to work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• *Referring to randomly-selected products targeting opposite gender* How would you sell this to a customer on the sales floor?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The interview was interesting, they want you to build something out of Legos and pretend you're selling it to them, then they want you to go to the sales floor and pick any toy and pretend you're selling that to them, they just ask you features about the toy, then they take you to the back room and ask a few simple questions.. That's about it.

Interview Questions

• They ask, what would I do if there is a spill on the floor and a customer need help at the check out line   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call within 3 days scheduled an interview. It was a group interview which was pretty easy and fun; just have to stand out and make them remember your face.

Interview Questions

• Build a toy out of legos, name it, say what it do, come up with a jingle, and slogan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Fullerton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Extremely interactive. It was a group interview. We played games as a group and spoke with the manager about ourselves as a group then relayed information about each other when asked.
    It was a fun and interesting interview. If you love interaction you will do great with this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about our interest and just getting to know us overall.
      Then they asked us what other individuals said about themselves to see if we payed attention to others.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy group interview then one on one with either the store manager or just the human resource person. They just want to make sure you are well aware of the products they sell, and how you present yourself to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hardest part is to stand out in the group interview.