Tractor Supply Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tractor Supply Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Gloucester, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

On time. Management performing interview did not try to sell company. Only wanted to know why they should hire me nothing about why I should want to work for them. Had to ask about where it goes from here and timeline. Have never heard from them again but job is still being advertised.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 50 lbs consistently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager after submitting online application and resume. This was about two days after submitting application. Took about half an hour. Store manager approved and passed me along to the District manager. Interviewed about 5 days later. District manager did a store walk interview. Lasted about an hour and a half. Questions were varied from personal to store to company. A big portion of hte interview was explaining how I could improve issues in the store.

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked about former experience. Asked me about P&L statements. General management questions. The district manager discussed problems with current location and asked me questions about how to correct them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Danville, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Call, 2 interviews with management i had to apply online then i received a phone call to set up an interview. had the interview within a couple days. He told me i would have to interview with the District Manager. I received another phone call to set up another interview. I went in and discussed my present position, told him why i was leaving. We talked about salary and what i was making then. I then was made an offer which i rejected and counter offered. They accepted it then i had to take a personality test and a drug test. Once the drug test came back they did a back ground check and hired me.

Interview Questions

• my experience why i was leaving why did i think i would be a good fit what my expectations are how long i have been in retail would i be willing to relocate salary   Answer Question

Negotiation

was fine and easy

Anonymous Employee in Waynesville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Waynesville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview with the store manager, face to face with the store manager for about an hour, then the district manager. The store manager was very open about the challenges of the position and shared lots of information about the history of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clio, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Clio, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from store manager requesting an interview. Interview process consisted of questions pertaining to work history, company history, and familiarity with Profit and Loss reports. I was told I would be notified in a week if moving onto the next step, interview with DM.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a co-worker feel special?
      What percentage of your Profit and Loss is attributed to labor?
      Describe a time when you used Profit and Loss to solve a problem.
      Describe a time when you handled a disgruntled customer.
      What do you know about Tractor Supply?
      1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in April 2014.

Interview

Very detailed interview process. They live by their motto "Interview hard, manage easy!". Entire process consisted of 5 total interviews, first you are screened by a recruiter, then passed down to a SM for the initial phone interview, which is really just a meet and greet to set up the first in person interview. The first interview is where the meat and potatoes start to show, they'll ask you about your qualifications, experience, and then a series of scenario questions. After that, was sent to another SM for a less formal session, but be prepared for more scenario/role playing questions. If you make it through all that, you'll sit with an area manager for more experience related questions. Finally, a phone interview from another DM which was basically just a recap of the others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Greenwood, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview starts with an onsite interview with the store manager. If you make it past that you're required to interview with 3 other store managers in the district either in person or by phone. The interviews are all the same and come from a stock interview form. They will then collaborate and make a recommendation to the district manager for a 4th and final interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Applied and interviewed first with the DM then did an interview with a recruiter. No surprise questions. I like the fact they hire people that live the lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• No surprises, as I said it is nice they look for people who live the Out Here Lifestyle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bernalillo, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Bernalillo, NM) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was much as others here have already detailed it; there is an initial phone interview followed by a two person panel interview.The phone interview asks you a lot of standard interview questions such as situations you've been in previously, your overall experience, and what you're looking for in a job. After that I sat down with the district and store manager and was asked similar questions about my current job and past experiences. Once you receive an offer of employment they have a very convenient online portal for filling out paperwork and downloading a copy of their employee handbook.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us what you know about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Store manager is very rude and hateful to all customers and during interview process.First off called me a lier saying the interview was at 1:30 but she clearly told me 1:00. Kept glancing at store security monitor and talking to other person setting in on interview about what store employees were doing. Seemed intimidated by my background, education and experience. The manager does not know what a smile is or did she understand any of my answers to the questions which where all agriculture related. The whole interview process shows me the manager has zero people skills, absolutely no agriculture background and does not belong in this type of retail store.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were irrelevant about working at Tractor Supply   Answer Question