Tractor Supply Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Trenton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for along process it took me 5 interviews and a total of 6 weeks after the email from hr. I applied through their online careers page and received an email 3 weeks later with a request to set up a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I met with the dm to have a face to face interview. The interview was very relaxed and after his questions he went into detail about the day to day operations and he also informed me that the the interview process is extensive and how many rounds of interviews I would have to go through. Next I had an interview with a store manager, then a phone interview with another dm, then a phone interview with the rvp. At no point were their any trick questions. All of the people I had the pleasure of interviewing with were great people and had a real passion for the company. What sold me on the company was the explosive growth 1500 stores to 2500, strong commitment to their core values, and the dm seems like he would really fight for his people.

Interview Questions

• Do you align with the core values? Why tractor supply? How do you develop people? What do you need to work on in your current role? How do you control shrink? Rvp interview Why tractor supply? Why are you leaving your current job? How do you develop your people? When was the last time you fired someone, why, and what were the steps? What is your most proud accomplishment in your career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews 3-5 standard
    1st with recruiter on phone
    Next 2 in person with a store manger and/or DM
    Then 1-2 more phone interviews
    Finally a phone interview with regional
    Know the company mission and values it will be discussed at every interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important values and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First interview with a District Manager. Second with Store Manager and District Manager present. Third interview with two District Managers present. Fourth interview with two District Managers present. Interview focused on previous experience in driving sales, team building, understanding of P&L.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2015.

Interview

Standard process after applying. Received an email about an initial interview. Fairly straight forward questions. Ensure u have working knowlegde about the company and core beliefs prior to interview. The stumbling block is low base pay with potential bonus. I have too much experience to drop that low. However, I can see where the bonus might up for it. Unfortunately, we all know how bonuses can be impossible to obtain;) I do think they would be fun to work for and pay isn't everything.

Interview Questions

• How do use the P&L within ur current store? How do u control shrink? How do u develop ur team? How do u drive sales?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. It had been prearranged as I had worked for the DM at a previous employer. The questions were very basic and most were situation based.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter that found resume on job board. After initial interview I had 2nd interview with a store manager, 3rd interview with a district manager, and 4th interview with another district manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your beliefs?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with employee conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate and we ended up in the middle of their initial offer and what I requested.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Several Store Manager positions were posted in the area. I applied for the two closest to my home. Was contacted by a Corporate recruiter before the holidays, and called him right back. I left him voice mails , as wells E mails. He got back to me two weeks later.
    He told me that the two jobs I applied for were already filled, as those two stores were not built as yet.( ? ) He was not certain when they would be built. He asked me if I would be interested in a store that was being built about 100 miles from my home, that was scheduled to open in late 2014. I told him yes. He then told me he would send my resume to the DM for review. You get the picture. Tractor Supply is another of a long list of companies that post jobs that don't actually exist to get funding by the Government for creating jobs.
    Two weeks later, I was contacted by a DM located 400 miles from my home for an interview 300 miles away with a few hours notice. I e mailed him back to tell him that I had secured other employment. Within two hours I received an e mail from the original recruiter that I was not suitable for their Company. (?). Obviously , when I informed them that I had other employment, they formally rejected me so they could submit my name to the government as a failed candidate so they could get paid.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Got the third degree on why i left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Dayton, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview which got me to the next round. Then I had two separate in-person interviews with two District Managers. Their follow up was horrible and never when they said they'd get back to me. I finally received a phone call two days before Christmas from a District Manager and they asked if I could meet the next day on Christmas Eve for an in-person interview, at this point I should have known they didn't believe in 'Balance' but I needed the job so I said 'no problem'.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with planograms?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter called with a number and I asked if they could go to another number, he said he'd get back to me and then he did and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

got a reply via email from a recruiter saying how excited they were to talk to me about my application since i had 15 yrs running a very reputable grocery store in southern California. 2 weeks later still no call or reply.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Called from a recruiter. She was impressed. Set up a conversation with DM. Call went well. Met in person. Very unprofessional. Constant interruptions. DM set up interview with another DM. No call back for weeks. I had to continue to call for follow up. The recruiter went on vacation. The person she left to answer her calls never returned my call. The DM went on vacation. Said I slipped through the cracks. Very poor follow up all around. This was one of the most unprofessional experience in my working career.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They were not willing to budge. That should have been an indication of what I was getting into right there.