Trader Joe's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Cashier Interview Questions

1.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out my application in store, twice. The first time they lost my application. The second time I was interview on spot. It felt too informal. And if I recall correctly the guy who interviewed me wasn't the hiring manager. I stood right by other cashiers and he asked me several, what I thought to be EASY questions. And promised I'd get a call back. A week later a letter came in the mail saying they wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite product and why?   1 Answer
  • Why do I want to work at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online screened on spot. Mate told me my application would be held for two weeks and if selected I would receive a call. within 2 days I got a call for interview. Two days after that got a call for second interview. Three days after I was offered a position. Process took about one week

Interview Questions

• Why traded joes
      What's your favorite trader joes item
      Tell me an experience with a difficult customer
      Tell me a time you built a relationship with a customer
      Who's your least favorite person you've worked with and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY).

Interview

I have experience in cashier been a cashier for 4 years now currently still cashier been with the same company for 4 years I'm looking to grow and learn more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Trader Joe's is "in-person". I asked for app one day, filled it out, & went back with completed app yesterday, a few weeks later. Woman assoc. at desk immediately hailed the person I needed to speak to when I showed her the completed app. She did not need to (he was right there), but she also rang the bell & waved him over; a small thing, sure,but it did make me feel "valued" as a person, not someone "begging" for a job. I'm not sure names are allowed, so I won't say, but said person was extremely nice. I haven't had a job outside my home since my children were small so I was really nervous. Actually, we just stood there and chatted for a few minutes, not like a "have seat in my office" type of thing. For me, the informality was better. He didn't ask a lot of questions, & in my own head, I was thinking he wasn't interested. I did point out the empty job history on the app, explained that I didn't have anything current to enter there & why. I also told him that I was not totally lacking in retail experience & mentioned a few past work experiences. He gave me a card with his name & number on it to call if I don't hear anything within a few weeks. It looks standard as they are written out ahead of time, but it's still a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The only 2 I recall are "What are your favorite products?" & "Why do you want to work here?" The 1st wasn't unexpected nor was it hard as I've been shopping there for 18 years. The 2nd was also easy. The people are always friendly, energetic, and upbeat & I love the "uniform". He laughed at that one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

They held a job fair at a hotel and sat down with people face to face. We talked about my life, their life, a few questions about the job and I was on my way with a second interview date. Both interviews were very casual and not stressful at all. I actually had anticipated and studied for a very hard second interview but didn't get asked any questions AT ALL. It's all personality based.

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Oceanside, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with a senior manager. The process was relatively simple and straightforward. I only had one interview and the process took about 3 weeks in total. The manager was straightforward and clear about my expectations. Because I was only part-time, management was flexible regarding my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Pasadena, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I walked into the Trader Joe's store to submit a resume in person. Upon handing it to the manager he asked if I was available to interview on the spot. I agreed and we stepped to the side and had a casual interview that lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked questions such as: whether I had experience as a cashier, what I think the daily tasks over a Trader Joe's employee are, and what my favorite Trader Joe's products are.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question for me was what my favorite Trader Joe's brand products are, I had to stop and think about specifically which products I buy the most and why I like them. Make sure you are familiar with their products and store layout before you begin the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Sacramento, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The postion was for temporary help at Christmas time and for the upcoming holidays. It appeared they had far more applicants than they had positions for. The interview was short and to the point. Nothing out of ordinary. Got the feeling they had already filled the positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most pressure you have experienced with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Great communication throughout interview. Skills assessment test. Very rigorous math test,

Interview Questions

• How many cases would you order the next day if a customer bought 10 items of the product? Every case equals 12 units of the product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and informable and immediately I was relaxed and at ease to have a positive interview with no regrets. I was aware of other applicants with the one position to be filled.