Trader Joe's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

STAGE 1: Introduction. Lasting approximately two to three minutes, you are meeting the interviewers and being escorted to the interview room. ...
STAGE 2: Q&A. The longest portion of the interview, this is when the employer asks you questions and listens to your responses. ...
STAGE 3: Your Questions. ...
STAGE 4: Closing.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
    What is your greatest weakness?
    Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

They asked me about my background and to describe myself. They asked me about my previous work experience and how I thought I would be able to make a good fit at trader joes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Modesto, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I arrived and went with the manager into the back produce room which was full of flies and rotting produce. The manager started to give me a hard time, about why I did not shop there. Then he proceeded to ask me why I wanted to work there and then the questions got stranger like if I was a tree in the forest what kind would I want to be and why. I asked him why he was asking these type of question, and he claimed that he wanted to get inside my mind.

Interview Questions

• If I was a tree in the forest what kind I would be and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Stamford, CT) in January 2018.

Interview

Three different parts in the interview process. I met with two mates and then the captain of the store. Very nice people. After the first two interviews the third one they tell you is the most serious because that is with the captain of the store. It is a pretty easy interview you just have to be a normal person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online then received an interview confirmation email. I confirmed, showed up to the interview and met with the hiring manager. Never received an offer despite being highly qualified and open schedule.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Neutral experience. Easy interview. Overall decent. Good hiring. Very good. Friendly people. There were no errors or faults and all went well that day. Nice hours and pay. Hiring staff is friendly guy.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I was told by a young man half my age that I was not getting an interview in person, because I was not qualified.

I feel this is age discrimination. I have great references and years of organic market and sales experience. I also have a culinary degree and a food handler certifcation.

It is poor business practice to not interview qualified applicants. Disappointing.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Paramus, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a low-key interview process conducted in the breakroom. The manager was friendly and seemed a little zany. Part of the interview included coworkers making comments and getting involved in the process themselves.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out my application in store, twice. The first time they lost my application. The second time I was interview on spot. It felt too informal. And if I recall correctly the guy who interviewed me wasn't the hiring manager. I stood right by other cashiers and he asked me several, what I thought to be EASY questions. And promised I'd get a call back. A week later a letter came in the mail saying they wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite product and why?   2 Answers
    • Why do I want to work at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Trader Joe's is "in-person". I asked for app one day, filled it out, & went back with completed app yesterday, a few weeks later. Woman assoc. at desk immediately hailed the person I needed to speak to when I showed her the completed app. She did not need to (he was right there), but she also rang the bell & waved him over; a small thing, sure,but it did make me feel "valued" as a person, not someone "begging" for a job. I'm not sure names are allowed, so I won't say, but said person was extremely nice. I haven't had a job outside my home since my children were small so I was really nervous. Actually, we just stood there and chatted for a few minutes, not like a "have seat in my office" type of thing. For me, the informality was better. He didn't ask a lot of questions, & in my own head, I was thinking he wasn't interested. I did point out the empty job history on the app, explained that I didn't have anything current to enter there & why. I also told him that I was not totally lacking in retail experience & mentioned a few past work experiences. He gave me a card with his name & number on it to call if I don't hear anything within a few weeks. It looks standard as they are written out ahead of time, but it's still a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The only 2 I recall are "What are your favorite products?" & "Why do you want to work here?" The 1st wasn't unexpected nor was it hard as I've been shopping there for 18 years. The 2nd was also easy. The people are always friendly, energetic, and upbeat & I love the "uniform". He laughed at that one.   Answer Question