Trader Joe's Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Woodbury, MN).

Interview

Just a few questions have to wait to call for another interview it was very positive and welcoming. The interviewer was very happy but just was one of the assistants managers or "mates".

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied to an LA branch and it was a huge waste of time. I went in and handed in my application and answered some screener questions: what do you know about Trader Joe's, why do you want to work here, and what is your favorite food item? Then, they gave me a card and said they would call me, or if I didn't hear back in 30 days, to give them a call. A day or two later they called me to set up the first interview.

The first interview was with a mate and it was pretty casual. Standard interview such as, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years, what do you like to do for fun, etc. I thought it went really well and they said they would let me know the next step in a few days.

A couple days later I got a call to set up the second interview. I went in and it was more of the same, except this time with two mates. I walked away feeling pretty good about it, but not a shoe-in. They said they would let me know in a few days and that this was the final step.

A few days passed. Nothing. I started to stress out a little bit, and I followed up after a week. They said give us a few more days. A few more days passed and by now I was sweating bullets. I knew it probably wasn't good news if I had to wait this long. I gave them a call after the second week had passed and they said, "We're glad you called. Unfortunately, we went with another candidate." Apparently the guy who had my application went on vacation and had it locked away, so nobody could get to it and let me know.

I essentially wasted a month. I recommend not applying unless you're applying to multiple branches and you don't need a job right away. And ignore the casual vibe. That threw me off my game.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Job fair, pre-screening interview on site. I already have my application and my resume ready so I didn't have to wait long-totally laid back and interviewed was really nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Algonquin, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went in and gave them my application and had a brief interview on the spot (asked why TJ, what my favorite TJ product is). I was told they weren't hiring but about a week or so later I was scheduled for an interview. The interview went fine, there were two people but only the mate asked questions. Both were extremely nice. Lots of standard questions packed into 30 minutes. He said he would call a week later. I didn't receive a call that day, so I called and was told to call back the next Friday, but the next day the person who interviewed me called and said they weren't continuing with my application. Bummer.

If you need a job fast, I wouldn't apply here. It took three weeks just to get response on first interview. Can't imagine how much longer for the second if I had gotten one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle having multiple tasks and having to stop one thing to do something else?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What did you like/dislike about previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • What would your old employers say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Their interview process was a phone call first then in a week a phone call or email.the employer asked basic questions. The employer then asked me if I had any questions about them and I asked what were their shifts like.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

fill out application, speak to managers, go to interview, sit and answer question. typical interview, no real difference in any other typical run of the mill interview. There really is not much to say, the management just sat and asked basic questions. There is no drug test, no aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Easy, informal. I was offered the job the same day. I think it helped that I was dressed in a cute outfit. Sounds ridiculous, but they like to hire pretty people. At least in L.A.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

When I went to turn in my application I had a pre-interview on the spot so they could get a feel for me. It was fun an relativity easy but kinda caught me off guard so make sure you turn in your application mentally prepared for some questions! About 10ish minutes in they have me schedule a real interview for one week later. I go in the next week and its super positive and a great atmosphere. The interview was a lot of fun and wasnt difficult.
    Hoonestly the most important thing is just to have fun with it and be yourself! The people that are interviewing you are just trying to get to know you! They wanna make sure you're gonna be a good fit so just be yourself, be positive and have fun with it! Try not to let your nerves get the best of you, just be as honest and joyful as possible and you'll do great!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was given by two team leaders.they asked me to introduce my self.and my previous job experience. The good part of my job and the part I didn't like of the two jobs in my resume. And some other questions very conversational. It went well. And the people who give me the interview were very friendly. 30 minutes after the interview they scheduled the second interview for me and inforEd me on phone.

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Media, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Straight Forward. The manager told all the duties and responsibilities and exactly what they entailed. The job was exactly how it was portrayed. The company is full of great people and a positive atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer