Trader Joe's Crew Member/Sign Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Crew Member/Sign Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Stillwater, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I first filled out an application, then was asked to come for an initial interview. I made some sample signs and was given a tour. It was very friendly. I have to go back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Crew Member/Sign Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2013.

Interview

Heard from a friend a sign artist position was open, dropped off an application and one of the managers pulled me aside and did a short review/informal interview. Told me that he'd be in touch. I call back 5 days later, they say that the sign artist positions are all filled so I pretty much move on. About a week or so passes and they call me for an interview, to my surprise. Interview was pretty laid back, though I researched and rehearsed since I'm terrible at interviews and I got scheduled for a 2nd interview. We'll see how that goes...

Interview Questions

• How do you have fun at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Technically still need a 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Glendale, WI) in November 2008.

Interview

was hired as a sign artist, never told me I would actually be on registers and stocking food 95% of the day

Interview Questions

• did you find it worthwhile?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2008.

Interview

I got an "on the spot" interview in the back room. I asked for $7 an hour - the guy talked me up to $11 and hour. I'd say it was a good interview and the hourly rate was more than I expected. Conversational, relaxed interview. I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews for a new store opening Fall 2015, they had an open house for people to come in, hand in applications and interview. For me, it only took one day (maybe 2 hours). I walked in and interviewed with three people: two Mates (Assistant Managers), lastly met with the Captain of the store (GM), and was offered the position. I did some loose sketches on a piece of paper as asked and attached to my application (for sign art interest)

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Trader Joe's?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any retail / food industry experience?   1 Answer
    • Will anything like another job or school influence the hours youre available?   1 Answer
    • Can you work Saturdays / Sundays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Manhattan Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Personable, down to earth, easygoing. Realistic expectations about what the job entails were communicated so as not to be shocked when/if I did get hired. Very simple, no frills or games, simple questions of my willingness to do what the job needs.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand you'll be doing more than sign art, but everything else a crew member does as well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a screening when I dropped off my resume in person, was called back for an interview, and then a final interview. Very friendly, like having a conversation with a friend, really wanted to know you. They are very interested in how you view good customer service and if you can work well with a team.

Interview Questions

• Why Trader Joes?
      What is your favorite product?
      How do feel about criticism?
      How do you have fun at work?   Answer Question