Trader Joe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Secretive. Stage oriented. Highly filtered.
    I personally applied to five Trader Joe's and each and every one was different in staff vibe, store vibe, and interview vibe. Ultimately I was offered a job at my favorite of the locations and felt as though they were extremely positive and sweet in making me feel like they would be happy to have me on board when it was I who was excited. Very happy to be in TJ's.

Interview Questions

• Why Trader Joe's?
      What's your favorite product?
      Discuss a situation inwbhich you experienced conflict with a co-worker.
      1 Answer

Store Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process at the store I applied for was fun and informal.
    I took the interview very seriously and did not give in too much to the relaxed atmosphere.
    We went through the standard question checklist you would find on most job interviews.
    The process was fast, I demonstrated my qualities and spoke to my resume experiences and how it could work best for the store. I submitted my application, got a call for a phone interview the next day, then had a 1:1 interview. next day I got a call for a second interview and then had the interview the following day, offered job and accepted. 96-Hour turn around.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What skills do you bring?
      What would your former coworkers say about you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out my application in store, twice. The first time they lost my application. The second time I was interview on spot. It felt too informal. And if I recall correctly the guy who interviewed me wasn't the hiring manager. I stood right by other cashiers and he asked me several, what I thought to be EASY questions. And promised I'd get a call back. A week later a letter came in the mail saying they wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite product and why?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

First your asked on the spot what your favorite TJ item is. Next you are called in about a week or 2 for an interview if they liked your resume. The interview can be 1 on 1 or with 2 Mates. Once you pass that interview there was one more about a week away with another 1 or 2 mates. Overall fast and not very bureaucratic.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

So there were two different interviews. Both in the back of the store! Both were quite easy and the interview seemed quite casual and very enthusiastic. Use the questions provided on this website to prepare and make sure you research the company before going in!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

In my first interview I got interviewed by a mate and crew member. They were both really friendly. They called me for a 2nd interview 10 mins after I left. In my second interview I got interviewed by 2 crew members. Again very friendly. I felt very confident as I was reading their positive body language when I would answer each question. I tried to call them but they never answered me. In the end they sent me a letter in the mail that I was not selected for an interview after 2 interviews.

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in store and got an application, filled it out and handed it in. Got the interview set up the next week and came in early. The lady that interviewed me, right off the bat, didn't like me for some reason. made me feel really awkward and uncomfortably stared at me longer than needed. was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you have fun at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Washington, DC).

Interview

There were three steps. The initial screening (a couple questions about why I was interested) when I handed in the application. A second screening with an assistant manager which went about 25 minutes. A third interview with the store manager. Overall process was quick and painless and I was hired in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history. What's your favorite product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Grabbed an application and turned it in, got a call for an interview a few days later.
    Met with a mate and reviewed my experience and asked me a few questions about my character and problem solving on the spot.
    After the interview, he wanted me to speak with the captain who he left for lunch already so the next day set up a time. Arrived next day and spoke to Captain; an informal/formal discussion began and we seem to hit it off, he talked about his lifelong commitment to the company and how my goals relate to working outside my general profession.
    he offered me a position right on the spot.
    Next steps are orientation and training . Yay me!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a higher rate due to my experience in customer service which could result in a leadership
    Role in the future

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I had two interviews one with a manager of many and the second one was with the store manager. I was asked about how I heard about the company and. I had to talk about myself alittle it so they could get a sense of what kind of person I am. I really don't have anything else to say.

Interview Questions

• What's your idea of customer service?   1 Answer