Trader Joe's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application when I stopped by. I was asked if I had some time and could answer a few questions. The manager, or "Mate" as they are known, was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Trader Joe's product and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (La Canada, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was told that there is a three interview process. They will let you know either way if hired or not. I did not continue to the next interview. This interview was very formal for a grocery store. Expect to interview outside on patio furniture. I found out that the person that actually does the hiring and has final say so is not met until the last interview. Everyone else is a gate keeper of sorts. I heard Trader Joes is a great company to work for, but don't expect a quick decision or an easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

The interview process is a simple conversation about who you are and why you'd like to work at Trader Joe's. What type of things you enjoy doing outside of work time. If you know anyone already working at the store. You may be invited for a second interview with another Full Time person or the Captain of the store again it's very causal just a more to get to know you interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Trader Joe's and if so what's your favorite item.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (West Hollywood, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

You get an overall three interviews with 3-4 different people. I turned my application, and got an interview the same morning. It took me about two weeks to get an interview the first time.

Interview Questions

• What is the best customer service you've Experience in a co worker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied to an LA branch and it was a huge waste of time. I went in and handed in my application and answered some screener questions: what do you know about Trader Joe's, why do you want to work here, and what is your favorite food item? Then, they gave me a card and said they would call me, or if I didn't hear back in 30 days, to give them a call. A day or two later they called me to set up the first interview.

The first interview was with a mate and it was pretty casual. Standard interview such as, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years, what do you like to do for fun, etc. I thought it went really well and they said they would let me know the next step in a few days.

A couple days later I got a call to set up the second interview. I went in and it was more of the same, except this time with two mates. I walked away feeling pretty good about it, but not a shoe-in. They said they would let me know in a few days and that this was the final step.

A few days passed. Nothing. I started to stress out a little bit, and I followed up after a week. They said give us a few more days. A few more days passed and by now I was sweating bullets. I knew it probably wasn't good news if I had to wait this long. I gave them a call after the second week had passed and they said, "We're glad you called. Unfortunately, we went with another candidate." Apparently the guy who had my application went on vacation and had it locked away, so nobody could get to it and let me know.

I essentially wasted a month. I recommend not applying unless you're applying to multiple branches and you don't need a job right away. And ignore the casual vibe. That threw me off my game.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

fill out application, speak to managers, go to interview, sit and answer question. typical interview, no real difference in any other typical run of the mill interview. There really is not much to say, the management just sat and asked basic questions. There is no drug test, no aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief since they were not currently hiring. Very nice Mate took my application and commented they were not currently looking to add staff right now. It has only been 5 days but they encouraged me to reapply after 30 days if I didn't get a call as they do not like to pass on talent. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product and how do you use it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Mates. It was eerily like a good cop/bad cop interrogation. I had the impression that they were doing their best to make me not want to work there.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions such as what my prior work experience was and what I expect from the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

Secretive. Stage oriented. Highly filtered.
    I personally applied to five Trader Joe's and each and every one was different in staff vibe, store vibe, and interview vibe. Ultimately I was offered a job at my favorite of the locations and felt as though they were extremely positive and sweet in making me feel like they would be happy to have me on board when it was I who was excited. Very happy to be in TJ's.

Interview Questions

• Why Trader Joe's?
      What's your favorite product?
      Discuss a situation inwbhich you experienced conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Yorba Linda, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very informal, friendly, easy (particularly because I had a completed application and resume with me.) I walked in to our local store and inquired about applying for a job. I spoke with a manager for about ten minutes. Very informative. Had a formal interview (45mins.) with 2 managers the next day.