Trader Joe's Part Time Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Part Time Crew Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Cleveland, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

Submitted an application in person. The manager who accepted the application asked me about favorite Trader Joe's products. Later received a call asking if would like to interview. Was interviewed by two managers, fairly low key but professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, although they really prefer that you come in and ask them about the job when you see the sign outside that they're hiring. It took maybe a week or so and I got a call, and then we set up an interview. There are usually 2 interviews, a more casual one with a mate and the second, slightly more difficult one, with a captain.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult experience with a customer - how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisors at your last job say about you? And your coworkers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

So there were two different interviews. Both in the back of the store! Both were quite easy and the interview seemed quite casual and very enthusiastic. Use the questions provided on this website to prepare and make sure you research the company before going in!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I turned in my application and two days later, I got a call for an interview the next day. The interview was very relaxed, with two crew members. We went to the cafe next door and just talked basically. They got to know me as a person in general. They called again three days later asking for another interview. This interview was with just one senior crew member, and he asked more "interview" questions, about my skills, what I thought I could add to the company, stuff like that. Two days later, I got a call and accepted their job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Athens, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Brief telephone interview. Call you back the next day if they want to meet you face-to-face. Best to apply online and then walk your resume into the store. Hand it to the Captain if he is there. Just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Trader Joe's product? What is your favorite thing to cook? What are your hobbies? Have you ever participated in team sports?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I handed in my application to my local trader joes. The mate asked few questions and a week later I got an interview. The interview was chilled, the mate told me we will contact you within a week letting you know if you made it to the second interview. A week passed and no response so I went to the store and told me to wait one more week, so I did and no call, so I called the store and they told me I didn't make it.

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in September 2016.

Interview

I walked in with my application and talked to a guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt. He asked me a couple of pre-screening questions – why I wanted to apply and what my favorite Trader Joe’s items were. Then he scheduled an interview a couple of days later. On the scheduled date I had two interviews back to back with two different mates. They were very friendly and asked questions such as how my previous coworkers would describe me, what motivates me, how would I have fun at work, and what customer service means to me. They wrote down my answers. Next week I came for an interview with the store captain. I described my experience and he asked mostly about my availability and whether my availability would change in the future if I got hired. At the end of the interview he said I should expect a phone call with the decision within two weeks. I got a phone call exactly after two weeks and I was told I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you react if your supervisor criticize you for your performance?   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Amherst, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying in January, the Trader Joe's management crew took 3 months to get back to me. They had apparently lost my application, and I was very confused when called in to interview. The captain met with me in a nearby coffee shop to go over my resume and application. It was very informal and felt comfortable. I was offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience with Trader Joe's been?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Mate's are all very nice and very encouraging. I went in during the holiday season so they were really looking for people to hire. The questions were easy, the staff was friendly and I loved the atmosphere. The application process is very old-fashioned, you go in and they take your application then give you a postcard with your interview date. Mine was two days after I arrived in person to present my application and resume. Interview was nice short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite product from Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartsdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Hartsdale, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. The first one is with 1 or 2 assistant managers and the second with the store manager. They ask some typical questions but also like to ask in depth questions about customer service and interactions with others in your last job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Give examples of great customer experience at your last job   Answer Question