Trader Joe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It went relatively well. It was one on one and was pretty casual and friendly. We literally sat behind the store on two stools. Afterwards, they sent me a letter saying I was "overqualified" for the job. Not really sure what that is supposed to mean. The actual reason was probably because I was under 18 at the time.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite products from Trader Joes?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I filled in the form at the store and the assistant manager asked me a few questions such as why trader joe's. I answered as I planned to. After that he gave me a card said, if I did't call you two weeks later, call me back. still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Long Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I got an interview through my school. They were hiring kids from high schools since it was a new location. It was very quick and easy, everyone went in and out.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Fun job interview in the end I ended up moving and didnt take it.I wish I had because it seemed like it would be a great job working for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and sat down with the assistant manager. We went over my resume and discussed my employment history. He asked why I wanted to work there and we discussed the Trader Joe's corporate culture. I was told they hire largely based on personality.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview is not as nerve-wracking as a lot of them can be. They make you feel comfortable and the process doesn't take long at all. The managers that interviewed me where I feel selected to see if they are worth working for the company. They have a process of seeing how people react and how they handle things in order to hire them.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult time at work and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Never was given a chance to interview. Dropped my application with the mate and was told that they will call me. They never did. I am a people person and love TJs. I have retail experience, but possibly too much education. Still no reason to ignore qualified candidates when I see very high turnover in the store with new faces every week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in May 2013.

Interview

The process it self was not hard at all. I went to drop of my application and just my luck one of the mangers were there. He asked me a couple of questions about trader Joe's. Sadly, I did not know much about the company and right off the bat the manager could tell I was not to familiar with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product ?
      Tell me about the company ?
      Why work here ?
      Easy Questions I just lacked some knowledge.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I interviewed for a job at new store that was opening. I printed out an online application and walked into the interview. It was held in a large room, with other candidates being interviewed at other tables at the same time. I talked with an inteviewer for maybe 5 minutes. He asked the question that I read in other interview reviews they always ask: What's my favorite product? They said they'd call people for second interviews in 7-10 days. I never heard from them. The interview seemed to go fine, so I'm guessing they just didn't see me as a good fit.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, given what I read about other interviews when I researched on line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

one on one interview asked basic questions. have to be live and energetic at all times.