Trader Joe's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It went relatively well. It was one on one and was pretty casual and friendly. We literally sat behind the store on two stools. Afterwards, they sent me a letter saying I was "overqualified" for the job. Not really sure what that is supposed to mean. The actual reason was probably because I was under 18 at the time.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite products from Trader Joes?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I filled in the form at the store and the assistant manager asked me a few questions such as why trader joe's. I answered as I planned to. After that he gave me a card said, if I did't call you two weeks later, call me back. still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Long Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I got an interview through my school. They were hiring kids from high schools since it was a new location. It was very quick and easy, everyone went in and out.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Fun job interview in the end I ended up moving and didnt take it.I wish I had because it seemed like it would be a great job working for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and sat down with the assistant manager. We went over my resume and discussed my employment history. He asked why I wanted to work there and we discussed the Trader Joe's corporate culture. I was told they hire largely based on personality.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview is not as nerve-wracking as a lot of them can be. They make you feel comfortable and the process doesn't take long at all. The managers that interviewed me where I feel selected to see if they are worth working for the company. They have a process of seeing how people react and how they handle things in order to hire them.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult time at work and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Never was given a chance to interview. Dropped my application with the mate and was told that they will call me. They never did. I am a people person and love TJs. I have retail experience, but possibly too much education. Still no reason to ignore qualified candidates when I see very high turnover in the store with new faces every week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I interviewed for a job at new store that was opening. I printed out an online application and walked into the interview. It was held in a large room, with other candidates being interviewed at other tables at the same time. I talked with an inteviewer for maybe 5 minutes. He asked the question that I read in other interview reviews they always ask: What's my favorite product? They said they'd call people for second interviews in 7-10 days. I never heard from them. The interview seemed to go fine, so I'm guessing they just didn't see me as a good fit.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, given what I read about other interviews when I researched on line.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Trader Joe's does not typically hire people who are only looking for a summer job. They want people that will come in and be there for a long while. They seek individuals with positive attitudes and have good people skills. If you are hirring in as a part-timer they may ask about your lifting abilities (how much you can lift, do you have a problem lifting items over 40 lbs). Do not worry if you cannot lift that much weight, it is not essential towards getting hired there. They really just want people who will be able to converse with customers and maintain the stores happy atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever got into an argument with a fellow worker, and if so, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked how much I would be comfortable making and I gave them a number and they accepted

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

submit resume, and wait for call back. Submit resume in person, and see if you can leave it with a manager so they can meet you and associate you with the application. Check with employees or managers to see when there are opeiningsl

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was only a little room for negotioation