Trader Joe's Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

They held a Job Fair at the store that they are opening on my college campus. They had the application available online but also had applications to fill in person. All we had to do was walk in and give the application to one of the managers. I attached a résumé to my application and they manager reviewed it with me. The process took only about 5 minutes. Very comfortable and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked some brief questions, had two interviews. The first interview was very mild and friendly, just getting to know me. The second was by the captain, he grilled me with tough questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Dropped off resume, got a call a day later, went into an interview next day, second interview 2 days later. Got hired on the 7th day. Easy and fast response which makes it easy for those looking for work.

Interview Questions

• What do I enjoy about teamwork and how can I add aid to the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview--as described by most users on here--went very well. I was interviewed by two guys that I believe had the title of 'Mate.' I thought I performed well, but i tend to get a little nervous during these situations. I knew a lot about the company and TJ's products, which they seemed impressed with, but I ultimately got a rejection letter six days later. I really want to work for TJ's; I would be a great fit for them. I know it is difficult to judge, but how you interview is NOT indicative of how you were work. It has been proven again and again. They need to realize that when they are interviewing someone for an entry-level position to take many factors in consideration.

Interview Questions

• How would your former employer describe you in three words?   1 Answer

Store Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

1st- quick interview when you first turn in your resume. What is your favorite Trader Joes product.

2nd- sit down interview with two Mates. Normal questions.

3rd- sit down with the senior Mate and Captain. Normal questions.

Was offered a position about two hours after the third interview

Interview Questions

• All very normal questions. They are not trying to trick you. They are trying to see if your personality will fit with TJs   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have my own business as well. Offered $15 an hr to start.

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Handed in my application at the store I desired to work at, got asked if I were given a gift card to Trader Joe's, what items I would buy. He explained to me how the application process goes and to expect a response in 3-4 weeks. Got a response in about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a gift card right now, what are some items you would buy?   Answer Question

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Oceanside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

When yo turn in your application, they ask you three basic questions. This determines if you will have a sit-down interview. Usually, if they call you back for a sit-down interview then you got the job. The questions are, obviously, focused around Trader Joe's. Super relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Dropped off application, mate reviewed application and then asked a few questions (mostly Trader Joe's knowledge). Mate was not friendly and gave card saying they would get back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Trader Joe's conducts several interviews: first is an initial phone interview, and then you will have a 1:1 interview with a store manager at a particular store, and if you do well, you will have another 1:1 interview at another store. If you still do great you will have a final 1:1 interview with the regional vice president. If all goes well you will get the job, but in my case i did not get it, very sad, due to the whole process takes about a month, driving all over the county interviewing, etc. Make sure you are very aware of Trader Joe's products, and be an avid shopper. I shopped their alot,but somehow I think they got impression that I didn't shop their much, as I was drilled about their products. All my interviews went great, but the last one with regional was a bit different. Although she was very nice, was a little uncomfortable as she did not smile very much, and much more serious than other interviews. Sucks that you think you are going to get the job, based on how well all interviews go, and than get the rug pulled out from under you after the last interview :( Maybe thats why I didnt get job, as I may have seemed a little uncomfortable..Will never know!! Good Luck to all who applies their, would be an awesome company to work for....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Trader Joe's looks for people who are great with people. You must be in constant contact with them. If they want you, they'll let you know. Interview is snappy and you get an idea of whether or not they want you immediately. Managers are good at being welcoming & excited

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that I didn't already know. In my interview, we spoke about the ocean and how we all loved surfing and food!   Answer Question