Trader Joe's Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.1

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in August 2014.

Interview

The manager I handed my resume to asked me a question right off the bat. It is an unexpected interview, so be ready! It was a great experience though. The manager made me feel comfortable. He asked questions about my favorite Trader Joes product and what my sense of humor was.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when he has "who was your least favorite boss and why?" It is hard to answer this question in a way that doesn't seem to be negative about the interviewee   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Folsom, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

They asked bizarre questions such as what do you think of garden knomes. And what was my worst vacation and why. They repeatedly said each week they would call me next week for sure and let me know one way or another. When I went in shopping and for the 5th time checked in nwith them I found out from one of the managers they hired someone else weeks ago a relative of the store Captain they never callled me as they had promised week after week. I'll never shop there again.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in September 2007.

Interview

Was given a referral by worker/friend resulting in 1:1 interview with store manager (Captain). Was offered a position immediately following this interview, and started work 2 days later. This is not typical though, most applicants have 2 or 3 rounds of interview so that most if not all of the managers at the store have an opportunity to meet the applicant before agreeing by committee whether to extend an offer.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy and laid back interview process. There is no need to feel stressed out about this interview. It is really more of a conversation with a potential employer rather than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went thought a panel of store manager and another the got offered job. Had to fill our background check small tax information and the rest was good to go gravy. Pretty decent interview did not feel nervous everyone seems to be nice there must be the food.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Kirkland, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager and hired the same day. I was able to talk to the captain and several managers before my interview. This ice breaking boded well. The more you break through the management's discomfort with a new hire process the better. Positivity is huge in tjs culture

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an offer that was extended and they did not seem to want to budge in whole dollar amounts for kow experience candidates nut they did offer more money right off the bat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Jenkintown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I printed out an application at home, filled it out and turned in my application to a store manager. I waited for about 5 minutes while he finished up what he was doing. He asked me a few questions and reviewed my application and resume then told me since I wasn't able to work weekends that hurt my chances of employment, but they would keep my application on file.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2014.

Interview

Process was short in length and did not involve interviewing with multiple people. They asked a good range a questions and emphasized how important the company culture was at Trader Joes. We very focused on my experience working with the general public and how I handled stressful situations and resolved them to produce happy customers by the end

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about a time that I could not correct a situation and the result was not a happy customer.   Answer Question

Felt there was not much of a training program and other reviews said similar things. Concerned about lack of rotating shifts.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Katy, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out my application and handed it in during the same visit. I was given an in the spot group interview. It was before the grand opening. Everyone was super chill. I was excited because I knew it would be a great company to work for. Everyone was really awesome. I was nervous. But the interview was low pressure and low key.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

two interviews with different managers quick and painless the brought me in the day i turned in my application and then i was asked to come in the next as well for an in person interview. i started two days after that. the first interview was with an assistant manager who asked you the easy questions then the second was with the store manager who threw in a few of his own.

Interview Questions

• how much customer experience do you have?   1 Answer