Trader Joe's Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Team Member

Create your profile to get personalized information

Trader Joe's Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

One-on-one assessment with Team Leader as I dropped off my resume and filled out an application.

A week later I stopped by and talked to the Team Leader again to prove my interest in the position.

Two days later, I received a call back to schedule my first interview (two weeks to the day after dropping resume / fillin out an app) First interview with 2 people, both Team Leaders, consisting of basic questionnaire; Why Trader Joe's? Why did you leave your last job? How do you deal with difficult customers? Do you have any questions for us? How do you see yourself working on a team? Tell us about a time you 'wowed' a customer, etc. Got a call back the next day for second interview.

Three weeks to the day of my first visit (resume & app) I have my second interview. Pretty much the same as the first interview, except with 2 longer tenured (10+ years apiece) team leaders. Received a call the next day to begin training the next week, 4 weeks to the day of dropping off my resume and filling out an app.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New Orleans, LA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was very fast,i had to fill out an application as well as hand in a hard copy of my resume .they asked why i wanted to work there and asked who referred me,

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work there
      where did i live
      how much experience i had   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in July 2015.

Interview

Recommended by a friend. But the person I was supposed to interview wasn't there. Instead of rescheduling it, they had a newly promoted person interview me on the spot. He explained to me more about the company and how they start people out, can be interchangeable to different departments and can transfer to other stores.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

I went through about 2-3 interviews. (They are very thorough). The interview itself isn't that serious...they take you to a secluded part of the store (away from customers) like where their inventory is. Sometimes you have to wait a min or two so they tell you roam around the store. The interview was one on one. I filled out an application and then they scheduled the interview

Interview Questions

• Have you been to Trader Joe's before? What do you know about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with Trader Joe's team members. First interview was with two people and second interview was with tree. Very friendly and light. It felt like informal chatting with nice people. They were asking about my job experience and everyday life and telling about Tj everyday life.

Interview Questions

• What is you favorite TJ's product?   1 Answer
    • Describe your self and your personal qualities in one sentence.   1 Answer