Tradesmen International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (New York, NY).

Interview

Twenty minute interview, pretty basic. I got a call back for a second interview, I declined due to low salary 30k and from reviews I read on Glass Door. After declining I get an email saying "I wasn't no longer a candidate lol.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received called from a recruiter. Everything seemed good, she was friendly and promised to call me back by the end of the week, to schedule the interview with manager in Denver. I never heard back from her, even tho I tried to follow up by message and left a voice mail. When I sent her one more email, I received automated message that they considered my resume and cant offer me position at the moment. Just another completely unprofessional approach.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Birmingham, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

You had a phone interview with the recruiter first. Who was extremely akward and would not say much. It was so hard to have a conversation with someone who literally would not talk. When it was time for the face to face interview she didn’t even ask what day was good for me she just scheduled it. I thought that was odd. The next step was a face to face interview. It was fine. I got along well with the manager. Given my experience there was a lot I could have brought to the table and wanted to share with him. Not to brag but just to discuss. He was more into not hearing anything about me, just telling me what I was going to be doing. When I tried telling him how i could relate he didn’t seem to take it seriously which was annoying. He was also supposed to get back to me last week whether or not we would be moving on to the next step. Which they didn’t. They just got back to me. So I thought that was unprofessional. I didn’t get to move on to the next step and I am unsure why but oh well. The idea of the company is honestly pretty great. When pay was brought up, they would not give me a straight answer. I didn’t exactly ask but i thought it was odd they wouldn’t give an honest answer. But regardless it seemed to low anyways.

Welder Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tradesmen International in October 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy and informative interview process. Thought I was going in for apprenticeship position, but it's actually like a placement service. But I'm hopefully for a placement soon.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Norfolk, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Jena was very professional and personal made the interview process pleasant and relaxed. I was contacted by email and was offered a very simple and ideal process . Looking forward to hearing from the company.

Carpenter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradesmen International in August 2017.

Interview

You take a safety introduction video that is approx. 45-60 minuites long. The interview is basically a 5-10 minute interview. If you applied online, you would fill in the application or if you don't have the means to, you would fill it on site.

Interview Questions

• Installing a window, Installing a door, Installing roofing. Spacing of studs.   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Lafayette, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application followed up with personal one on one interview questions. Questions were about your experience and safety asked about any certifications you have. The interview was very laid back and seemed interested in finding the right fit for you.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Boise, ID) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step was a 30 minute phone interview followed by a 2 hour sit down interview with the district manager. During the interview the manager continually talked about offices where he had fired everyone and re-hired the staff as well as offices he had closed down completely and then re-opened time and time again. It seemed very dysfunctional. He could not provide a written statement on the benefits and did not email them to me as promised. In addition, he stated he had not followed through with signing a lease on the new office they were opening and so had no place of business and planned on borrowing space from some other entity until he could find a suitable location. This seemed like they were only planning on testing the market and were not committed to keeping the operation open long term. This position is strictly a sales management position but was advertised as an operations role. Be aware they will expect 55-65 hours per week and, in my opinion, the pay does not reflect the time and responsibility ultimately required of the position.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about sales, very little emphasis was put on operations.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

First phone call - got to ask questions and they scoped out interest, very friendly! Really could see myself working there. I'm only on round one, but they have a four step interview process for the Sales Coordinator position. Details are on their website.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradesmen International (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Very professional but relaxed. The first interview lasted about an hour and at the end he suggested I do a ride along with his local rep. That took place 2 days later. It was very informative, but I decided the job would not fit my needs. I did not move on to the last interview. Great people!

Interview Questions

• How would I sell "safety" to employees the company puts on jobs?   Answer Question