Trail Blazers Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Beaverton, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and Simple. People are very friendly which makes it more cordial unlike other interviews that would make you feel pressured. You are hired not because you need a seat to fill, it is because they see the potential in you to thrive and succeed in the business. This is really all on you.

Interview Questions

• Rank Career, Opportunity, Compensation that best suites your interest.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing.

Interview

The first interview was 15 minutes and just a personality interview. When I asked questions the answers I got were very vague. I asked what my daily hours would look like and the answer was I would work 40 hours per week. They say this is a marketing position, but it sounds like it is door to door sales. I asked what my daily responsibilities would be and the answer was I would go out and be the face of the company during the day. That makes it sound like I would be going door to door trying to sell the internet to people.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews. Very simple and as long as you aren't a weirdo you will get the job. The interview did not last very long and you heard back the night of the interview if you had received a job offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a two-day process. You're brought into the waiting area where all of the other candidates are also waiting. Then, you're each taken to a different place (aka Starbucks) to chat individually with a staff member. If the person likes you, you then have an interview with someone higher up in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

First of all, every position they have posted, from intern to entry level start in the exact same spot so they are basically all the same position. First I had a phone interview which was fairly simple, I kinda felt like the Admin didn't even listen to my answers before scheduling a skype interview. Next, I did a skype interview, where again it was fairly simple and the manager wasn't very picky with my answers. They contacted me a couple days later for scheduling an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very accommodating with times and places for interviews as they are pretty desperate for employees and will hire almost anyone. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage an in-person interview as I was out-of-state, but I contacted them around a week after they asked me for a date and set up a time that worked out. If you are considering an offer, then I would recommend looking for other employment options where you can make money.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Beaverton, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Basically, there are three interviews. The first is a get to know you skype interview, checking for personality fits. If they think you could do the job, thye have you come in for the second interview, which when you show up is a mass interview where there are six or seven other candidates that day. You are split off with a group leader one on one for them to sell you on the job and make sure you can do their door to door sales. If you agree that you would do the job, they set up the final interview with a manager in the office. As you wait the 15 minutes until the final interview, you wait in the lobby and watch the other interviewees leave or sit down and wait with you depending if they ae still interested or not. Then the manager confirms you are interested in the job and asks only basic questions about if you think you could do the job. I was saying whatever was necessary to get a job offer, and I did, but as I sat and looked at the information I was given, I realized what a sham this whole company is. It is a fake title for door to door sales of internet service or whatever else they can sell. They do offer an hourly/commission mix, but push a fully commission based wage. The hours are insane, and when you add in the mandatory "team building" nights I calculated about 58 hours a week you would be working or doing things for them. This was a real disappointment, with a cult like atmosphere and a phony business position that was just sales.

Interview Questions

• questions about working weekends, long hours, selling products, and if I wanted to make a lot of money.   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant until I realized this company does door-to-door sales. They cover up their solicitation efforts by saying they're a marketing firm. They all seemed nice at first, but the whole experience felt a little off to me. When they finally told me what they do (not until the third day of interviews) I was so annoyed I wasted three days.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet anyone past, present, or future who would it be and why?   1 Answer

They job posting did not reflect what the actual position entailed.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a video interview. I spoke with the HR manager first, and then with a woman named Cassie. Both of the women I spoke with were pleasant enough. Cassie asked me some fairly boiler-plate questions and then talked about the company culture. It was standard stuff, we're a family, we do fun things together, we like to have fun. Toward the end She asked to schedule for me to come in for an in person, hour-long interview to go over things like policy, compensation, and benefits. I made sure to ask who the customers are that account managers deal with and she told me account managers only do direct sales to customers.

The only weird thing is that she told me that most marketing in Portland is only direct sales. I know for a fact this isn't the case, having been interviewed for marketing in Portland. This position should be direct sales, not account manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you define success?
      Who are your role models?
      What sort of hobbies do you have?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing in January 2016.

Interview

Awesome administration. No awkward silences. The interviewers were playing pool while I was in the lobby which is awesome. Really easy interview. Felt like I was talking with a friend instead of a higher up in a company. Also bought me a coffee

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trail Blazers Marketing (Beaverton, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I loved the person who interviewed me, they were very professional and explained everything in detail. I knew what to expect and saw the potential for a lot of growth in the company

Interview Questions

• What were my last positions and what was I was looking for in a career.   Answer Question