Trainor Glass Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trainor Glass Company

QC and Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riviera Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trainor Glass Company (Riviera Beach, FL).

Interview

I was called in through my temp agency to help them to create reports about the production of a specific job that was in progress. I worked 12 hour days through the weekend including Sunday to help them meet the deadline the following Monday. After working with the QC and Safety Manager for about a week I was offered full time permanent employment.

Interview Questions

• Within a month my manager was fired. I was asked if I could help them keep up on his responsibilities until they found a replacement. One and a half years later I have achieved all certifications and completed company training to perform my managers job as the QC and Safety Manager. I was given a 1.00 raise which brought my total hourly income to 14.00 an hour. I was disappointed and frightened as I was under a lot of stress due to the management practices and the secrets being kept from corporate. My most difficult and unexpected question was weather or not to quit. I really loved working with Trainor Glass however I was very unhappy with the location I had to perform my responsibilities. I was being threatened, and I was severely underpaid. My answer was yes. I gave notice and within two weeks the company closed the Riviera Beach FL plant with no warning to it's employees. I realized at that moment, I had answered my most difficult and unexpected question correctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was in the right place at the right time and accepted a career opportunity. I was taken advantage of later during my employ by branch management.

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trainor Glass Company (Alsip, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Short & to the point. Questions ranged from what I knew about the company and industry to why I wanted to work there. Other questions revolved around how I could succeed in the position when others had failed.The very first interview was with a group, the second was a simple one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I rejected the first offer and countered. After a week they agreed to match what I requested.

Estimator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Trainor Glass Company in March 2009.

Interview

One on one interview with the regional manager after being contacted regarding resume on Monster. 30 minutes or so, very matter of fact. The wanted to know if my previous skills would translate because they have no formal training program. Follow up phone interview with the CEO, who just wanted to get an idea of how you could communicate, was very upfront with any concerns he had.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience reading architectural building plans?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trainor would not negotiate at all.

General Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trainor Glass Company in January 2009.

Interview

General interview- read from list of questions from HR.