TranSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TranSystems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview. Questions were related to course studies and personal interests. Gave some behavioral questions, and "What would you do?" questions. I had a representative from both construction management and design interview with me.

Assistant Bridge Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TranSystems (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Super easy came well over prepared. Sat with the chief engineer, was asked typical interview questions and then was walked around the facility and introduced to everyone in the department.

Interview Questions

• Typical, tell me about yourself, what are positive and negatives about you, interests, etc.   Answer Question

Project Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TranSystems (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview. It was a very relaxed conversion. The interviewer is very nice and informed me a lot about the position. Not a lot of questions.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview with the east coast, transferred to west coast interview with project team, waited 3 months for a phone interview with senior principal and then an in person with project team and senior principal. Expenses were reimbursed by the company.

Entry Level Civil Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Typical. Phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview. Phone interview took about 40-45 minutes. Gave plenty of time for questions and gave informative, well thought out answers to the questions. Emphasized that they were looking for a good communicator and someone that was not afraid to ask questions when necessary.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience in the field applied for.
      Questions about what was learned in previous experiences.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranSystems in September 2015.

Interview

Easy interview process with pretty streamline type of interview questions. I interviewed on the phone first then had a group interview then a panel interview. In all this took about 2 weeks and then I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

I first spoke with one of their engineering staff at my campus civil engineering career fair. About a month after that I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an office interview. During the office interview I first spoke with two senior staff members at once and then following that I spoke with a group of three senior staff members at once. The interview was very comfortable and casual. They started by asking me generic questions about my resume and expanded with follow up questions after my responses. I was then given an offer two weeks after the office interview.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I contacted them through an alum from my school. I was called for an interview. The interview was for about an hour and a half. I met the Principal Engineer, Engineering Department Head and Management Head. Most questions were based on past experience, basically points from the resume.

Lot of emphasis of software used in the past and the ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked to draw a Bending Moment and Shear Force diagram.   Answer Question

New Grad Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TranSystems (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Got call for in-person interview through recruiter after applying online. Interview taken by manager and HR person. Interview incorporated mostly, going through resume, description of work profile by manager. No HR questions although person was present. Correspondence was very weak from company as recruiter didn't let me know of decision after multiple emails and call till I called the HR present in my interview.

Interview Questions

• As my research was on USDOT specifications, they asked me specifically about OHIO.   1 Answer

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems (Boston, MA).

Interview

I got the interview through networking at my previous job. Got a call for an interview from an acquaintance, and had the interview later that week. Very laid back, talked a lot about my previous work experience and school work, as well as just about me in general. Very friendly. After the interview, however, it did take about two months to hear back from them with a job offer. I called a few times to check the status and did not hear back until they offered me the job, which was fine! The offer was a little lower than what I expected, but they pay for transportation and good benefits, so it all works out.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted in my next job, because I was not sure what the job description was and I did not want to say the wrong thing. Turns out the job I wanted was exactly what the opening was for.   Answer Question