Trane Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trane Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Trane

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2018.

Interview

The worst experience I have ever had. I was lied to about 100% commission in the initial interview and I was told that 100% commission was a huge stretch. Then after driving all the way to Indianapolis I was told that it was 100% commission and then was berated about whether or not I believed I could even do this job or if I really wanted it. The interviews were VERY unprofessional the entire time and treated me horribly. Such an embarrassment for a company. Even if I was offered the job I would have never wanted to work in such a terrible environment. I can't believe I wasted my time. If you are applying for this company please consider the way they just treat someone who is interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can actually do this? you can leave if you don't think you can.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Trane

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trane (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. They called earlier than they were supposed to. Asked some general interview questions. Took about 30 minutes. There's a training session in Wisconsin if you get the job

Interview Questions

• Name a Time you overcame a problem in which your initial solution was wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trane (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and consisted primarily of behavioral questions. If you research and study typical interview behavioral questions, you will be just fine because they are either the exact same or somewhat close. They were worded "Tell us about a time you.... " and expected you to give an example from your experiences and how you resolved the situation

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken a big risk?
      Did you ever have someone who was difficult to work with or you didn't get along with? How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trane (Worcester, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I secured an interview via campus recruiting and met with two Trane employees later that week. One employee was a current sales person and the other was a former member of the sales team who had since transitioned to recruiting. The interview itself wasn't difficult and they asked fair questions. They explored why I wanted to work at Trane, what my motivation was to do well in a sales role, how I handled a difficult situation, etc.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trane.

Interview

Talked an employee at job fair in college and received an phone interview opportunity with people from talent acquisition partner. behavior questions at the beginning and then she ask some questions to ask me to assess myself.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trane.

Interview

Before an interview, you have to complete a personality and aptitude test. A recruiter from corporate will contact you and ask you various interview questions. I was interviewed two times. Then they'll select an office for you and you will then have to interview with the managers at the designated office. If all goes well and they accept you, you go to a 5 month training adventure to La Crosse Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was pre-set.

Sales Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (Norman, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at the SWE National Conference and she contacted me about a week later for a phone interview. That went well and I then interviewed over the phone with who later became my mentor. Only a couple days after the second interview I received a formal offer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Trane in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process uses the STAR format to ask situational based questions. If you make it past the first interview with the HR manager, you will interview with a specific person from the office you are looking to work at.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a customer complaint.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Positive process and really polite HR staff. The questions really targeted the individuals drive and work ethic as they made it clear the commissions aspect was the focal point of this position.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter in a career fair and received a phone screening interview about 3-4 weeks later. The phone interview last 40 mins, regular behavioural questions, why Trane, why sales, and a time when you demonstrated your leadership etc.

A few days later, I was invited to a recruitment event. It was held in the party room in a bar with 5 people from the company (including the recruiter I met at the career fair) and over 15 applicants. Basically chatting with each recruiter and other applicants. Served with foods, but was standing and talking for about 3 hours. The event was the final round and they made their decisions based on it.

Interview Questions

• Why Trane?
      Why sales?