Trans States Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

1.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

First step: APPLY APPLY APPLY
Second step: Application accepted
Third step: Group interview (I attended in Chicago)
  - Pick 1 question to answer out of the 3 they give you.
(Advice I would say is confidence is everything don't be afriad to be yourself.)
 -After group interview your name will have a yes beside it if your chosen for the one on one inteview
Fourth step: One on one Interview

***Best advice be yourself and have confidence and always smile!***

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trans States

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trans States.

Interview

They asked three questions. When we got there we signed in then we waited till everyone was signed in then we started. We stood up introduced ourselves then answered one of the three questions. After we took a break then they called back in who they had chosen.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Going into the interviewing process was very easy going but I could tell they were summing everyone up as soon as u walk through the door. It was a room of about 60 then was narrowed down to about 13 or 14 people afterwards they tell u thell send an email saying if they want to invite u to the training process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a group interview after submitting an online application a few weeks prior. The interview was held at a hotel near the airport in a conference room arranged like a classroom: 10 or 15 tables facing a projection screen . Two of the recruiters sat at the front of the door checking in applicants. You need a printed copy of your application; make sure it's filled out completely and accurately. A resume is good to bring too, but be sure that the job history on your resume is the same as on your application. The recruiters will give you a name tag with a number on it when you check in. You choose your seat when you enter the room and if you're early you may end up waiting a bit. I spent that waiting time getting to know the other applicants sitting around me.

After everyone is checked in (there ended up being a total of 45 applicants), the recruiters begin with a brief presentation. The two recruiters were both former flight attendants; they were very friendly and funny! This initial presentation is an overview of the job requirements: mostly availability and appearance. They also go over the type of airplane and how there is only 1 flight attendant on board along with two pilots. They stress that they need to see any visible tattoos because it's not just a Trans States standard but an industry standard. Basically if you have any tattoos on your arms or neck and above you can't be considered for the position.

After that, they posted three questions on the board: 1) Who is the most inspirational person in your life?, 2) Where would you like to go most in the world?, and 3) What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?. This is when we each stood up one at a time and introduced ourselves. You go by the number on your name tag. You have a minute to talk and during this introduction you only need to choose one of the posted questions to answer. This is your first impression and extremely important because they decide from these introductions who is chosen for one on one interviews. I tried my best to give a memorable and unique answer to my question so that I'd stand out more.

Then they send everyone outside to wait for maybe 10 minutes while they discuss and narrow down the applicants. When they finish they post a paper on the door. If your number has a yes by it you are invited back in to the conference room. If your number is blank you have to leave, but they do mention that you can reapply in six months (It seems they are constantly hiring). They proceed with a final presentation: more in depth detailing training, pay, scheduling, and benefits. There were about 15-20 people left during this presentation. Finally each person is interviewed one on one.

The whole process, if you make it to the one on one interview, takes about 2+ hours. I recommend smiling A LOT. Be friendly with the recruiters AND the other applicants. Don't be shy and speak loudly and clearly. When interviewing one on one make sure to look the interviewer in the eye. Confidence is key! I received an email four days after the interview with a training packet and a choice to begin training in three weeks or in two months.

Interview Questions

• How does your support system feel about you pursuing this career?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you liked about your previous jobs and some things you didn't like?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think a flight attendant needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trans States (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done open house style, they give you a brief presentation about the company and then give you a break where they ask you to show them any visible tattoos, then individually we have to introduce ourselves and answer a question "if you could go anywhere in there world where would it be and why?" Amongst others... they eleminate some applicants after introductions and then there's another presentation by them followed by one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most favorite job and then your least favorite job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trans States (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview at a very sketchy hotel in a industrial neighborhood. The recruiters were fake and when another lady in the class ask questions they were very annoyed. Seemed to be very secretive about line hours and how long training last and how long reserve lasted. Expect you to drop everything in one week and move.

Interview Questions

• Everyone got the exact same interview question. When can you start/ do you have a passport/ do you have any offenses on your record/ what would your last manager say about you? It seemed like all of us already had the job before we received the invitation, basically anyone who dresses decent and can speak well. One thing that was strange is they had us sign an job acceptance letter during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trans States (Rosemont, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied 9/29 and received an invite hiring session in Rosemont (Chicago) tomorrow 10/14. I will update after. From my research you must bring copies of your resume and a printed form of the application you submitted which they will send you or you wont be able to interview. I going dresses as close to a flight attendant as possible. I purchase a dark blue suit, a white blouse and black 3 inch comfortable heels. Red lipstick is a must with my hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a quick process, so you get to the interview early while dressed as a flight Attendant and the first thing you do is get checked in and then when the time can Mrs they close the door and do the presentation for everyone telling about the Company then everyone tells something about themselves and then the candidates takes a break then the recruiters take the time to pick out the people they want to do the f2f with and tell them the rest of the information they need to know when they take that next step in they're new careers.

Interview Questions

• Who is the person that inspires you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Exactly 6 days of applying for the position with Trans States, I recieved an email inviting me to the interview session in Chicago at the Holiday Inn Hotel. The interview took place in like a conference room, sitting outside the door were two recruiters both tenured female FA's. Upon entering the room they ask for your printed application (attached in the invitation email will be a copy of your application, PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE IT PRINTED OUT OR THEY WILL TURN U AWAY) after that you sign in, they give u a name badge with a number on it. They were impressed that I had a copy of my resume, so if possible bring that along as well
    :-). There were maybe 25 other potential candidates during my interview, the two recruiters first introduce themselves, they were really nice & hilarious! Anywho they discuss the minimum qualifications for the FA position with Trans States in a power point presentation. After that we took a short break this break allows anyone who does qualify the opportunity to leave (they tell you that by the way). After the break they returned, we played a introductory game where everyone stood up & introduced themselves. Tell a lil bit about yourself, Why do you want to become a FA?, & you're also asked to answer 1 of these 3 questions during your introduction: 1). If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 2). Who is the most influential person in your life, & why? 3). Tell us the most embarrassing moment you've ever encountered? U only have to answer ONE of those. You're picked in numerical order, so whatever number you're giving upon arriving is important. Anywho, during the introductions the recruiters are seated in the front of the room looking, listening, & taking notes on you. So please be sure to SMILE, BE YOURSELF, SHOW & SOME PERSONALITY. After the introductions they tell you that we're going to take another short break, however during this time they tell everyone to wait outside the door while they basically decide who they want to return back in the room for their 1 on 1 outer view. One of the recruiters will step outside the door, thank everyone for coming, & tell you if you have a YES next to your number to return back in the room immediately & tell others to reapply in 6 months, she then place a sheet of paper onto the door with the numbers with YES & NO'S next to them. Upon going back in the room we did another presentation, it was more in depth related to paid training, the next training date, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K benefits, your pay, scheduling, flight benefits, basically ALLLL THE good stuff lol. After that your number is called outside to the hall where you are seated across from a recruiter, she asks you basic questions about your passport, etc & a few interview questions. If you're chosen for the 1 on 1 you're more than likely to be offered the Job unless you just completely blow the interview like anything related to your background check, or something like that. The very next day I recieved my CJO email inviting me to trying that following Tuesday in St. Louis, attached is info on your hotel, transportation to training, & your study guide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trans States (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Application was normal and easy. There was no test compared to other airlines. About two days later They sent me an email that to come in for an interview. My interview is tomorrow. Glassdoor did a great job for preparing me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant   3 Answers