Trans World Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trans World Entertainment

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Casual discussion with district manager. Lasted about 30 minutes. General behavioral questions, experience, etc. work was OK, basic retail, small staff, difficult to achieve flexibility in scheduling. Typical experience for retail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment.

Interview

I went into an F.Y.E. store to ask for an application, and the Store Manager told me the applications were online. The online application is very straightforward. At the end, you will do a 40-50 question quick-answer section. You are asked typical questions on how you feel about theft, punctuality, customer service, etc. The computer will automatically weed out applications with answers that were unfavorable. The remaining candidates are reviewed by the Store Manager, who then selects applicants for call-backs. The call-back will be to schedule a face-to-face meeting. In the face-to-face, the Store Manager asked standard questions. The whole process took about one week for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie? Can you sell that movie to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment (Chambersburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was unlike any interview I've ever been on. I felt unbelievably comfortable with the interviewer. It felt more like a friendly conversation then something nerve wrecking. If you like music and movies, express that. You might end up with a job. It took 3 days to get a call back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just accepted the job. Being a pop culture fan, this is an amazing opertunity.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment in October 2013.

Interview

One interview with manager

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. Looking for customer focused employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

Was pretty simple. Basics of why you want to work there, etc.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment (Wayne, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Questions from store manager at store location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment (Johnstown, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

I was told of opening by current employee away from the store location. At the store I was told there was no opening. I later discovererd that a current employee wanted the Store Manager job. I contacted District Manager directly and was hired. Stay in contact if you want to be hired by this company. The District Managers can be busy with lots of stores to cover.

Much of the interview and negotiations take place over the phone and you will find the DMs to be polite and thoughtful. Overall it was a very good experience.

I would make sure you research the company and know about it before your interview that way you know what questions and concerns you need to raise for a successful negotiation and hiring phase.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TransWorld Entertainment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was minimal negotiations. I knew what to ask for and was given slightly less than I asked for with the promise of bonuses if I reached certain goals, which I easily obtained.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trans World Entertainment in November 2008.

Interview

I was recurutied for anther company by a store manager. I interview with the district manager and took a phone personality test. The interview was about 30 min. Simple questions. I was offered a position the next day.