TransCanada Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

TransCanada Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Document Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

It is a behavioural interview and typically you have to start as a contractor before you can get a core position. They will ask you to describe how you handled a specific situation in the past in either your personal but preferably your professional life. There are usually 2 people present, the hiring manager and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are being blamed for something you did not do?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada in February 2017.

Interview

It was a follow-up job offer, based on a survey filled out with TransCanada while working for them last summer. The process was an in-house internal online application. It was only visible to selected candidates and was not offered to the public. After filling out the online form, I waited to hear back from them. After a final phone conversation I got the job offer.

Leak Detection Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone panel interview with 5 people. Two Co-op students , 1 HR , Manager and Engineer. Interview lasted about an hour . Difficult Behavioural questions , and a few technical questions in the end related to leak detections , and knowledge in programming languages. The atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Application was online through their website. It took approximately 1 month for them to contact me regarding the interview just before a holiday break. I was interviewed 3 weeks later. The interview was quite positive and encouraging but there was no follow-up post interview. It was conducted by 2 of the managers for the rotational position. It took an additional month and I had to place numerous calls before I was told they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What resources did you use to research our company?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself in a team dynamic? More of a leader or more of a follower?   Answer Question
    • What are your future career goals and aspirations?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Called me in because a recruiter recommended me. The only problem is waiting in the lobby - they have no organization for this. I went up to the 16th floor and sat down one-on-one with the manager. I asked about stability (being the economy and that I was going to be a contractor). He said there was 2.5 years of work - which is great.

Interview Questions

• About VAs etc. Nothing too technical.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Applied online and interview at calgary head office with 2 people
    It toke 1 day for them to inform me
    It lasted about 1 hour be ready for probing questions n chit chat

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiate

DSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

3 employees in the DSS department interviewed me, asking mostly behavioural questions along with some specific software questions. The questions ranged from things about personal conflicts to questions about programming languages.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about leak detection in pipeline systems?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview ran smoothly, and there was a Level 4 technician that interviewed me alongside a manager. The interview process was easy and although I was nervous, both the technician and the manager made me feel comfortable and the environment in which the interview took place was comfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, along with what my program was teaching me.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioural questions. Panel of 3 or 4 interviewers. Somewhat repetitive. Was called back for a second interview with different people. reviewed resume in detail. Flexible salary negotiation depending on the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with your boss.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were four interviewers and myself. The questions came from left to right, each interviewer asking one question. They would take notes of my answers. At the end I was asked if I had any questions or comments which I did.

Interview Questions

• 1) What qualities would you bring to the team? 2) What has been your biggest accomplishment in Document Control to date 3) Who are our customers?   1 Answer