TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Admin called to set up interview. First interview I met three people individually. Took about 1.5 hours. Was called back for second interview the next week. Met with the whole team. Asked behavioral questions and two technical questions.

Automation and Electrical Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkins, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Elkins, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Did the aptitude test then after passing it went on to the interview process. They were generally polite. And basically wanted to know where I saw myself fitting into thecompany. They asked questions about my long-term goals and how I would problem-solve issues with other employees.

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Comfortable conversation. Calm atmosphere. Several questions but nothing you haven't heard of. Professional personnel. The whole process took about an hour. Got called several days later to let me know there decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an executive decision   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada in September 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from their 'Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition' employee stating she has reviewed my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked what a good time was for the interview. After promptly emailing back and thanking her for her request and submitting a time, I did not hear back from her until I emailed her again the day of my requested interview date asking if she needed to reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled and felt more like an interrogation than an actual interview.

She stated because she switches between offices, that candidates should email her for questions instead of calling. She stated she would follow up whether or not they would proceed with my candidacy. I followed up by email 11 days later and there was no response. Then I followed up 20 days later by email asking how the search was going and there was still no response.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple and easy, job was for a term contract to execute in kind of a specialized role interfacing between several group and the scope all aligned. Discussed Work / job conditions and general requirements

Geology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Applied online through a job board. Two rounds of phone interviews, each one an hour with two different project managers. The interviews took place in the late spring for a summer internship and apparently I was one of 6 or 8 chosen to conduct phone interviews out of 40 online applicants.

Interview Questions

• Mostly classic interview questions...Hardest question: What was a situation in which you faced a problem and you had to choose from a number of different solutions? how did you choose this option?

Also: Make sure you convince them that you are interested in a career in this industry post-internship. That will go a long way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

After I applied online in the end of November (early in December), I got call in March. The manager just asked me if I would like to work in New York, if I have place there to stay. After call, they send me offer letter and contract in a week.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick, There was an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview. I was being offered the position when I had to come back for another in person interview with leadership before the finalizing the offer. Overall the interview was easy, free-flowing conversation around the job duties there were very few specific questions and they seemed more pro-forma.

Energy Trader Interview

Interview

First needed to fill in online application. Interviews consisted of meeting with three person team. I had two interviews for the position. Most questions were exploratory or behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method and answer questions honestly. Interviewers were very professional. Process lasted a few weeks between each session.

Interview Questions

• Had me work on a problem set applicable to the job and then review it with them. Was difficult as the information was incomplete. They wanted to see how you thought through a problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

behavioural, what do you know about the o&g industry

Negotiation