TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada in September 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from their 'Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition' employee stating she has reviewed my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked what a good time was for the interview. After promptly emailing back and thanking her for her request and submitting a time, I did not hear back from her until I emailed her again the day of my requested interview date asking if she needed to reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled and felt more like an interrogation than an actual interview.

She stated because she switches between offices, that candidates should email her for questions instead of calling. She stated she would follow up whether or not they would proceed with my candidacy. I followed up by email 11 days later and there was no response. Then I followed up 20 days later by email asking how the search was going and there was still no response.

Energy Trader Interview

Interview

First needed to fill in online application. Interviews consisted of meeting with three person team. I had two interviews for the position. Most questions were exploratory or behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method and answer questions honestly. Interviewers were very professional. Process lasted a few weeks between each session.

Interview Questions

• Had me work on a problem set applicable to the job and then review it with them. Was difficult as the information was incomplete. They wanted to see how you thought through a problem.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Omaha, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with an internal recruiter. We talked for about an hour about my background and the position. She said that she was pretty sure they wanted to move on to the next step, but would confirm via email in a few days. Two days later we scheduled a trip to fly to Omaha to interview. The handled the accommodations relatively smoothly. The onsite interview itself was a little different. It was scheduled at 5:30pm at the office. Once in the interview room, I sat on one side of the table, across from the HR Manager and two other Senior Managers. I tend to be very comfortable in interviews, but I'd never seen this type of set up before. They each had a packet (about 7 pages) of questions, that they just read off to me, and would write my responses as I spoke. Some of the questions were repetitive and were so vague that their correspondence came across as pretty robotic. The interview lasted for about 75 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that bad or difficult, but be prepared for the 3 on 1 as mentioned above.   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Morris, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted a few days before the scheduled dates for the interview to set up a time. Was offered to interview at the job location or over the phone. The interview questions were partially based on experience performing the jobs duties and the rest were behavioral type questions requiring you to explain a time when you were in a specific situation and how you reacted and what the outcome was. The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were five individuals evaluating me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in performing pipeline patrols.   Answer Question

Leak Detection Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone panel interview with 5 people. Two Co-op students , 1 HR , Manager and Engineer. Interview lasted about an hour . Difficult Behavioural questions , and a few technical questions in the end related to leak detections , and knowledge in programming languages. The atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Toronto (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Average Interview, Questions based on Operations, Personal, and Behavioral. People were very engaging and easy to talk to. They made the interview situation comfortable and there was no pressure. They took time to answer my questions, and it was very back and forth.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Application was online through their website. It took approximately 1 month for them to contact me regarding the interview just before a holiday break. I was interviewed 3 weeks later. The interview was quite positive and encouraging but there was no follow-up post interview. It was conducted by 2 of the managers for the rotational position. It took an additional month and I had to place numerous calls before I was told they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What resources did you use to research our company?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself in a team dynamic? More of a leader or more of a follower?   Answer Question
    • What are your future career goals and aspirations?   Answer Question

Systems Gas Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online on May 2016, I received the call a month later (June 2016) from Transcanada. I had several questions about my actual job, experience, my salary requirements for the asked job. The first questions were in spanish and later in english. After the interview the HR guy sent me an email with his contact number.

20 days later I sent an email asking about the job position status, he answered me "I'm going to call you next week to let you know about the job position status". After that email I didn't received any notification.

Finally, I tried to call him for asking again the job status but he wasn't availabe. I wasn't called again.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

DSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

3 employees in the DSS department interviewed me, asking mostly behavioural questions along with some specific software questions. The questions ranged from things about personal conflicts to questions about programming languages.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about leak detection in pipeline systems?   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were four interviewers and myself. The questions came from left to right, each interviewer asking one question. They would take notes of my answers. At the end I was asked if I had any questions or comments which I did.

Interview Questions

• 1) What qualities would you bring to the team? 2) What has been your biggest accomplishment in Document Control to date 3) Who are our customers?   1 Answer