TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.7

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada in September 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from their 'Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition' employee stating she has reviewed my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked what a good time was for the interview. After promptly emailing back and thanking her for her request and submitting a time, I did not hear back from her until I emailed her again the day of my requested interview date asking if she needed to reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled and felt more like an interrogation than an actual interview.

She stated because she switches between offices, that candidates should email her for questions instead of calling. She stated she would follow up whether or not they would proceed with my candidacy. I followed up by email 11 days later and there was no response. Then I followed up 20 days later by email asking how the search was going and there was still no response.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple and easy, job was for a term contract to execute in kind of a specialized role interfacing between several group and the scope all aligned. Discussed Work / job conditions and general requirements

Geology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Applied online through a job board. Two rounds of phone interviews, each one an hour with two different project managers. The interviews took place in the late spring for a summer internship and apparently I was one of 6 or 8 chosen to conduct phone interviews out of 40 online applicants.

Interview Questions

• Mostly classic interview questions...Hardest question: What was a situation in which you faced a problem and you had to choose from a number of different solutions? how did you choose this option?

Also: Make sure you convince them that you are interested in a career in this industry post-internship. That will go a long way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

After I applied online in the end of November (early in December), I got call in March. The manager just asked me if I would like to work in New York, if I have place there to stay. After call, they send me offer letter and contract in a week.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick, There was an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview. I was being offered the position when I had to come back for another in person interview with leadership before the finalizing the offer. Overall the interview was easy, free-flowing conversation around the job duties there were very few specific questions and they seemed more pro-forma.

Energy Trader Interview

Interview

First needed to fill in online application. Interviews consisted of meeting with three person team. I had two interviews for the position. Most questions were exploratory or behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method and answer questions honestly. Interviewers were very professional. Process lasted a few weeks between each session.

Interview Questions

• Had me work on a problem set applicable to the job and then review it with them. Was difficult as the information was incomplete. They wanted to see how you thought through a problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

behavioural, what do you know about the o&g industry

Negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Omaha, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with an internal recruiter. We talked for about an hour about my background and the position. She said that she was pretty sure they wanted to move on to the next step, but would confirm via email in a few days. Two days later we scheduled a trip to fly to Omaha to interview. The handled the accommodations relatively smoothly. The onsite interview itself was a little different. It was scheduled at 5:30pm at the office. Once in the interview room, I sat on one side of the table, across from the HR Manager and two other Senior Managers. I tend to be very comfortable in interviews, but I'd never seen this type of set up before. They each had a packet (about 7 pages) of questions, that they just read off to me, and would write my responses as I spoke. Some of the questions were repetitive and were so vague that their correspondence came across as pretty robotic. The interview lasted for about 75 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that bad or difficult, but be prepared for the 3 on 1 as mentioned above.   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TransCanada (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Good overall interview. It was with the hiring manager, a level 4 technician, and a HR rep. Very casual, no intimidating environment. Asked lots of questions that i didn't need a doctorates to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about or what is your experience with crude oil.   1 Answer

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Morris, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted a few days before the scheduled dates for the interview to set up a time. Was offered to interview at the job location or over the phone. The interview questions were partially based on experience performing the jobs duties and the rest were behavioral type questions requiring you to explain a time when you were in a specific situation and how you reacted and what the outcome was. The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were five individuals evaluating me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in performing pipeline patrols.   Answer Question