TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

It is a behavioural interview and typically you have to start as a contractor before you can get a core position. They will ask you to describe how you handled a specific situation in the past in either your personal but preferably your professional life. There are usually 2 people present, the hiring manager and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are being blamed for something you did not do?   Answer Question

Leak Detection Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone panel interview with 5 people. Two Co-op students , 1 HR , Manager and Engineer. Interview lasted about an hour . Difficult Behavioural questions , and a few technical questions in the end related to leak detections , and knowledge in programming languages. The atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Applied online and interview at calgary head office with 2 people
    It toke 1 day for them to inform me
    It lasted about 1 hour be ready for probing questions n chit chat

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiate

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

The internal interview process with TransCanada is typically behaviour based interviews. Be prepared with specific examples and be prepared to be honest. I have experienced both one on one interviews, panel interviews and multiple interviews throughout my time with the Corporation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced conflict with a co-worker or manager. What actions did you take? How were your actions received? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Asked technical questions and behavior questions. Told me in the interview they will get back to me in a week but never replied.

Energy Trader Interview

Interview

First needed to fill in online application. Interviews consisted of meeting with three person team. I had two interviews for the position. Most questions were exploratory or behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method and answer questions honestly. Interviewers were very professional. Process lasted a few weeks between each session.

Interview Questions

• Had me work on a problem set applicable to the job and then review it with them. Was difficult as the information was incomplete. They wanted to see how you thought through a problem.   Answer Question

Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was very well set up, with defined questions of the behavioral type. I was greeted at the door; they were on time and made me feel at ease. This was one of the better interviews I’ve had. You could tell that they were an organized company who had been doing this a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an ethical decision you had to make on the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed.

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Comfortable conversation. Calm atmosphere. Several questions but nothing you haven't heard of. Professional personnel. The whole process took about an hour. Got called several days later to let me know there decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an executive decision   Answer Question

Automation and Electrical Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkins, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Elkins, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Did the aptitude test then after passing it went on to the interview process. They were generally polite. And basically wanted to know where I saw myself fitting into thecompany. They asked questions about my long-term goals and how I would problem-solve issues with other employees.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief interview with not very friendly lawyers. It was a panel interview and I guess they were doing good cop/bad cop, because one of them was quite aggressive. They mainly asked behavioral questions and quickly scanned my resume.