TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.7

Leak Detection Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone panel interview with 5 people. Two Co-op students , 1 HR , Manager and Engineer. Interview lasted about an hour . Difficult Behavioural questions , and a few technical questions in the end related to leak detections , and knowledge in programming languages. The atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Applied online and interview at calgary head office with 2 people
    It toke 1 day for them to inform me
    It lasted about 1 hour be ready for probing questions n chit chat

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiate

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

The internal interview process with TransCanada is typically behaviour based interviews. Be prepared with specific examples and be prepared to be honest. I have experienced both one on one interviews, panel interviews and multiple interviews throughout my time with the Corporation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced conflict with a co-worker or manager. What actions did you take? How were your actions received? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Asked technical questions and behavior questions. Told me in the interview they will get back to me in a week but never replied.

Energy Trader Interview

Interview

First needed to fill in online application. Interviews consisted of meeting with three person team. I had two interviews for the position. Most questions were exploratory or behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method and answer questions honestly. Interviewers were very professional. Process lasted a few weeks between each session.

Interview Questions

• Had me work on a problem set applicable to the job and then review it with them. Was difficult as the information was incomplete. They wanted to see how you thought through a problem.   Answer Question

Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was very well set up, with defined questions of the behavioral type. I was greeted at the door; they were on time and made me feel at ease. This was one of the better interviews I’ve had. You could tell that they were an organized company who had been doing this a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an ethical decision you had to make on the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical questions asked related to job..No major suprises. Nice and friendly tone of interviewes. Started with usual background..Then moved into details of different work experiences. There were couple of problematic situations posed and solution options were discussed

Interview Questions

• A situation related to the job and how you resolve it...Typical STAR approach   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was with two current Trans-Canada employees.
    It started with questions about the company their business, myself and my ambitions.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions such as strengths, conflict resolution and weaknesses.
    I was also asked limited technical questions about pipeline protection.
    Very positive interview experience.
    After the interview i was asked to send in references.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada in September 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from their 'Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition' employee stating she has reviewed my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked what a good time was for the interview. After promptly emailing back and thanking her for her request and submitting a time, I did not hear back from her until I emailed her again the day of my requested interview date asking if she needed to reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled and felt more like an interrogation than an actual interview.

She stated because she switches between offices, that candidates should email her for questions instead of calling. She stated she would follow up whether or not they would proceed with my candidacy. I followed up by email 11 days later and there was no response. Then I followed up 20 days later by email asking how the search was going and there was still no response.

Pipeline Integrity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 interview with team and HR in the same room by phone. Lots of behavioral based interviews. Only slight technical interview was asking about previous experience in Excel or how did I approach a technical problem. HR called me approximately a week later to let me know the results of the interview. After submission of resume and cover letter, took approximately 3-4 months before they contacted me to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.