TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Staged hiring process, multiple interviews, usually hiring manager and HR first, then colleagues and manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall - it was a long time ago. Heavily based on the the Situational Questions - focus on Situation - Action/Reaction - Result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

called for an interview

EIT Interview

Interview

First round on campus, about behavioral questions.
    Second round in Calgary. Face to face interview with managers.

Energy Modeling Engineer Interview

Interview

HR + Hiring manager

Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview ran smoothly, and there was a Level 4 technician that interviewed me alongside a manager. The interview process was easy and although I was nervous, both the technician and the manager made me feel comfortable and the environment in which the interview took place was comfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, along with what my program was teaching me.   Answer Question

Integrity EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Behavioral based questions...1 interview

Negotiation

negotiated hourly rate...no negotian for anything else.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

After I applied online in the end of November (early in December), I got call in March. The manager just asked me if I would like to work in New York, if I have place there to stay. After call, they send me offer letter and contract in a week.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very easy, behavioral interview questions. Very casual. Interviewers were very friendly. They only wanted to get to know you as a person. I would definitely not worry about having an interview, just have some basic points from your resume prepared to talk about,

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had conflict with a team member. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Called me in because a recruiter recommended me. The only problem is waiting in the lobby - they have no organization for this. I went up to the 16th floor and sat down one-on-one with the manager. I asked about stability (being the economy and that I was going to be a contractor). He said there was 2.5 years of work - which is great.

Interview Questions

• About VAs etc. Nothing too technical.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada in February 2017.

Interview

It was a follow-up job offer, based on a survey filled out with TransCanada while working for them last summer. The process was an in-house internal online application. It was only visible to selected candidates and was not offered to the public. After filling out the online form, I waited to hear back from them. After a final phone conversation I got the job offer.