TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Admin called to set up interview. First interview I met three people individually. Took about 1.5 hours. Was called back for second interview the next week. Met with the whole team. Asked behavioral questions and two technical questions.

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Comfortable conversation. Calm atmosphere. Several questions but nothing you haven't heard of. Professional personnel. The whole process took about an hour. Got called several days later to let me know there decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an executive decision   Answer Question

Automation and Electrical Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkins, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Elkins, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Did the aptitude test then after passing it went on to the interview process. They were generally polite. And basically wanted to know where I saw myself fitting into thecompany. They asked questions about my long-term goals and how I would problem-solve issues with other employees.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief interview with not very friendly lawyers. It was a panel interview and I guess they were doing good cop/bad cop, because one of them was quite aggressive. They mainly asked behavioral questions and quickly scanned my resume.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online after seeing it on their website and through school job postings.
    I was called in for interview. Cannot recall some screening may have happened over the phone. I had 1 round of the interview itself, with manager and previous co-op student.
    It was in the building in downtown and they brought me to a room on a upper level.
    Walls seemed thin so suggested to be mindful of volume.
    They both went back and forth asking the questions. Both wrote notes as I spoke to answer given question.

Overall the interview went well.

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TransCanada (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Good overall interview. It was with the hiring manager, a level 4 technician, and a HR rep. Very casual, no intimidating environment. Asked lots of questions that i didn't need a doctorates to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about or what is your experience with crude oil.   1 Answer

Systems Gas Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online on May 2016, I received the call a month later (June 2016) from Transcanada. I had several questions about my actual job, experience, my salary requirements for the asked job. The first questions were in spanish and later in english. After the interview the HR guy sent me an email with his contact number.

20 days later I sent an email asking about the job position status, he answered me "I'm going to call you next week to let you know about the job position status". After that email I didn't received any notification.

Finally, I tried to call him for asking again the job status but he wasn't availabe. I wasn't called again.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Easy interview with a questions on capabilities for performing work on office applications. Company is heavily relied on Excel. Some departments may ask question related to oil and gas, however for entry level positions they are pretty flexible.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths? Describe a position where you didn't agree with your co-workers and how managed to overcome that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada in March 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with whole team. They all asked questions one by one and marked on paper their own assessment. It was an intimidating interview but the overall demeanour was friendly as they would sometimes joke among themselves.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

It is a behavioural interview and typically you have to start as a contractor before you can get a core position. They will ask you to describe how you handled a specific situation in the past in either your personal but preferably your professional life. There are usually 2 people present, the hiring manager and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are being blamed for something you did not do?   Answer Question