TransCanada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Document Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

It is a behavioural interview and typically you have to start as a contractor before you can get a core position. They will ask you to describe how you handled a specific situation in the past in either your personal but preferably your professional life. There are usually 2 people present, the hiring manager and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are being blamed for something you did not do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call (I was in Ontario), mostly behavioural questions. Very straightforward interview. I was also interviewed by an intern (and I got to interview interns when I joined too, so that's fun).

Got an offer a week later, did not negotiate.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Application was online through their website. It took approximately 1 month for them to contact me regarding the interview just before a holiday break. I was interviewed 3 weeks later. The interview was quite positive and encouraging but there was no follow-up post interview. It was conducted by 2 of the managers for the rotational position. It took an additional month and I had to place numerous calls before I was told they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What resources did you use to research our company?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself in a team dynamic? More of a leader or more of a follower?   Answer Question
    • What are your future career goals and aspirations?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransCanada in February 2017.

Interview

It was a follow-up job offer, based on a survey filled out with TransCanada while working for them last summer. The process was an in-house internal online application. It was only visible to selected candidates and was not offered to the public. After filling out the online form, I waited to hear back from them. After a final phone conversation I got the job offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Toronto (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Average Interview, Questions based on Operations, Personal, and Behavioral. People were very engaging and easy to talk to. They made the interview situation comfortable and there was no pressure. They took time to answer my questions, and it was very back and forth.

Leak Detection Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone panel interview with 5 people. Two Co-op students , 1 HR , Manager and Engineer. Interview lasted about an hour . Difficult Behavioural questions , and a few technical questions in the end related to leak detections , and knowledge in programming languages. The atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical questions asked related to job..No major suprises. Nice and friendly tone of interviewes. Started with usual background..Then moved into details of different work experiences. There were couple of problematic situations posed and solution options were discussed

Interview Questions

• A situation related to the job and how you resolve it...Typical STAR approach   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was with two current Trans-Canada employees.
    It started with questions about the company their business, myself and my ambitions.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions such as strengths, conflict resolution and weaknesses.
    I was also asked limited technical questions about pipeline protection.
    Very positive interview experience.
    After the interview i was asked to send in references.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Called me in because a recruiter recommended me. The only problem is waiting in the lobby - they have no organization for this. I went up to the 16th floor and sat down one-on-one with the manager. I asked about stability (being the economy and that I was going to be a contractor). He said there was 2.5 years of work - which is great.

Interview Questions

• About VAs etc. Nothing too technical.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransCanada in September 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from their 'Recruitment Consultant, Talent Acquisition' employee stating she has reviewed my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked what a good time was for the interview. After promptly emailing back and thanking her for her request and submitting a time, I did not hear back from her until I emailed her again the day of my requested interview date asking if she needed to reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled and felt more like an interrogation than an actual interview.

She stated because she switches between offices, that candidates should email her for questions instead of calling. She stated she would follow up whether or not they would proceed with my candidacy. I followed up by email 11 days later and there was no response. Then I followed up 20 days later by email asking how the search was going and there was still no response.