TransMarket Group Quantitative Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransMarket Group Quantitative Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at TransMarket Group

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Did not make it far. I had a coding interview that I found extremely difficult. If I would have passed that screening, I would have had 3 phone interviews I think

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TransMarket Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

first round technical interview about probability and option. second round behavioral. final round is onsite superday. failed behavioral. The interviewer said something about sending coding test, but never did.

Interview Questions

• throwing dice for 5 times, probablity of throwing at least 3 ones continuously   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, technical question about options and some probability brainteasers. The interviewer wanted to know why I was interested in trading and asked about my view on the S & P 500 going forwards into the year

Interview Questions

• Determine the value of an option given strike and underlying price   1 Answer

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

first was some behavioral questions, then went through my resume, then several technical questions.
    took about 1 hr overall.
    great experience though, helped me realize where I should improve.
    questions on glassdoor are totally useless in my case, though I took one whole days to go through it.
    hope that I could get another chance with Transmarket in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks. Began with coding test, then 2 phone screens, and finished with in-office. About two to three days passed between each interview and an email notification of the result. In person varied, not dauntingly technical but enough to allow u to slip up. Interviewed with 5 people for on avg 45 min-1 hr each.

Interview Questions

• Find expected value of number of rolls it takes to roll each unique value on a die.   1 Answer

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online with my CV for the position of Quantitative Trader Intern position. A week later I received an e-mail to arrange a phone interview.
    The phone interview was a combination of light HR questions and mainly brainteasers. Unfortunately, I failed so I cannot provide information for the rest of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• We have two candles. The one burns in 2 hours the other burns in 1 hour (I am not sure about the numbers). At which time should we burn simultaneously these candles in order the one candle to have double the length of the other at 4pm?   2 Answers
    • X and Y are IID. What is the corr(X+Y,X-Y)?   1 Answer
    • I cannot remember exactly the question. We are long at a call option. How do we hedge our position?   Answer Question

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in February 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview starts from the general questions (why TransMarket Group? Why this role?) as well as some questions about your quantitative background and resume. It then moves on to technical questions on probability and basic concepts on statistics and derivatives. Technical questions at this round are nothing too difficult, but remember to get your basic concepts right. I think I messed up on a few derivatives concepts and was rejected.

Interview Questions

• 1. All else equal, which one has higher convexity, futures or forwards?
      2. When does the delta of a call option equal to 1?
      3. 67 times 53